General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else having an issue with J&P CYCLES?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 02:48 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,681 Likes on 1,665 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
They are not communicating with everyone. They are communicating with people that frequent Facebook. I, for one, don't use social media. They are certainly not communicating with the OP.

Is the same explanation on their website where people actually go for parts and orders?
This appears on their website prior to checking out:

Old 03-24-2016, 03:35 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,933 Likes on 2,444 Posts
Default Your right, but...

Originally Posted by kngpn
it's all about online rep.. if you don't use social media, you aren't really a threat if you're pissed off as much as someone who's going to tweet, facebook etc.

Your right.. But Im well into my 50s... My kids do this.. I expect someone to answer a phone and not outright lie to people. My business, I have fired people for lieing to customers.. Oh well... Ill have my kids help me with social media (for real) and again you are correct..

Old 03-24-2016, 03:37 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,933 Likes on 2,444 Posts
Default Thats new

Originally Posted by 0maha

It wasn't there a day ago and unfortunately it cements my point that they are full of ****. My order is nearly 3 weeks late... AND I STILL cant reach them..

Old 03-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Chekoz77
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

While I was In Daytona I stopped in the store and bought a few things. Was checked out by a 20 something with a " I wish I was somewhere else" attitude and acted like we were inconveniencing her by checking out.

With employees like that It doesn't surprise me that people are having issues. Most people now days just want to show up for the pay check and figure out ways to not do any actual work.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:54 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,138 Likes on 2,682 Posts

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
Your right.. But Im well into my 50s... My kids do this.. I expect someone to answer a phone and not outright lie to people. My business, I have fired people for lieing to customers.. Oh well... Ill have my kids help me with social media (for real) and again you are correct..
I don't do facebook or twitter or any of that crap either..

Old 03-24-2016, 04:30 PM
OlAndrew
Road Captain
Received 231 Likes on 143 Posts

I ordered an oil pressure gauge kit awhile back. It got here in a week or so, but when I installed it, the gauge didn't read and it popped a plug out of the bottom and spat a thick hard to clean fluid all over the side of the bike.

I tried to use the chat on their website, but after waiting nearly an hour for a response, when the response came, I couldn't type in the box. I wouldn't work. Probably timed out somewhere in the link up. (Running Win 7 and Firefox, no problems with any other site.)

Sent an email to the support address. Several days later, I got a response that it was probably bad, and I should send it back. NO RMA number or return address. I responded that I'd like to keep the gauge in place, 'cause its keeping the oil in the line and there's no really good way of plugging it otherwise, could they send me a new gauge. (didn't want to pull the whole install, the adapter is a pipe thread into the right case, and those threads don't like to be messed with much.) Also requested an RMA.

Never got a response. Sorta fixed the gauge myself, and riding on.

No points for customer service, here.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:24 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,913 Likes on 4,135 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolaid
This forum is social media...
Alright, you got me there. I should have been more specific and stated I don't use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

Originally Posted by 0maha

To me, it still shows that they are not being forthright when their disclaimer shows at checkout.... after you've spent countless minutes surfing their site and ordering. It should be stated on their home page that shipping will be delayed if placing an order.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:42 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,784 Likes on 2,147 Posts

have only used them one time, last year ordered a set of progressive shocks, received them in about 4 days, exact as ordered but have not used them since.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:53 PM
Lonnie Mac
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Probably placed three or four orders this year alone. Some odd stuff like o-rings for pegs and things... Haven't had a problem at all. Everything has been arriving on time.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:39 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Just placed an order with them a couple of days ago. No shipping confirmation as of yet. Haven't bought from them in ages.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having an issue with J&P CYCLES?