General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else having an issue with J&P CYCLES?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 03:13 PM
duluth
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Have bought from both JP and Dennis Kirk prefer DK hands down.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:15 PM
Jackpot Johnnie
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
Dennis Kirk is awesome. Never had any issues with them, and I buy a lot of crap. Super fast shipping, but of course I only live an hour south of them.
Same here, 80 miles, I can order at 6:00 pm today and have my part tomorrow at noon.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:23 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 161 Posts

I bought a rear tire and tube back in November. Shipped fast, no problem with their service.,,,

Old 03-23-2016, 04:23 PM
streg2
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just placed a order last week smooth transaction and quick shipping. No problems here.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:51 PM
Bowler Jerry
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ordered two tires for my 2014 sportster from J&P on March 4 said they were in stock ,just got the front tire today still waiting on rear tire.Also ordered jack said was in stock still shows that they are waiting for shipment from supplier, but was told that the supplier had discontinued it . Ordered seat and fender bib from Dennis Kirk on last Thursday evening and was delivered Monday afternoon.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:03 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,933 Likes on 2,444 Posts
Default well...

Originally Posted by JMC22
Have you searched around to see if someone else has the item(s) in stock and then cancel your order with J&P?

Yeah a few places have the part BUT JP wont pick up to take a cancel either.. Tomorrow I go to my CC company..

Old 03-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 268 Posts

I was in JP last weekend, and the shelves were pretty wiped out of product from bike week. They are probably waiting for product to arrive from vendors.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:01 PM
skyflyer
Road Captain
Received 137 Likes on 77 Posts

I follow J&P on facebook, they posted this today.

Loyal Customers of J&P Cycles.
The best way to start this post is with an apology. We are very sorry for any issues you may have encountered regarding shipping delays of your orders from our company. It is not acceptable and we have no excuses. We dropped the ball and it is affecting each of you in a negative way.
While an apology is just words, I want to ensure you there are actions being taken to make things right.
First, we have teams working around the clock in our Louisville facility to receive product into inventory that were ordered for the busy season. This includes everyone on our teams with people coming from Iowa to Texas. In changing the location of our warehouse from Anamosa, Iowa to Louisville, Kentucky, we underestimated the impact of these changes and how they would affect our ability to serve you. You might ask why we even started to make such a change - really it was in response to how we could ship products faster from a location that would improve delivery times. Yes, we see the current irony - we are now slower and shipping is taking longer. However, once this initial roll-out is corrected, all of our customers will be pleased with the ability to receive items ordered much faster.
Second, we recognize the importance and value of your time. With this said, we are currently exploring meaningful options that we can provide to our customers who were impacted by these delays.
We are receiving items and shipping items every day. It is slower than planned, but improvements are already being seen. Right now, we are targeting to be back to normal ship times by April 8th.
While longer than we would like, we want to be realistic with you.
We are very sorry for this unfortunate slow down and negative experience with J&P Cycles. Our customers are paramount and we want you riding as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience. We will continue to provide regular updates so that you stay fully informed.
If you would like to check the status of your order, the most up to date information is available on our website. If you wish to call, you may reach us at 1-800-318-4823. Please be patient as we are experiencing heavy call volume.
Humbly,
Zach Parham
General Manager J&P Cycles
Kevin Strawbridge
President

Old 03-24-2016, 07:57 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,933 Likes on 2,444 Posts

Thanks for the above - Heres the paramount issue... They don't tell you this when they take your order. Knowing this, I would have went to DK. Then the insult is they wont pick up the phone unless theyre taking your order - that phone they answer... I was told there were no issues and the order would ship ASAP. Like I said this was a gift and I look like a bit of a dick putting the photo of the item in the box saying its in route..

Don't take my money if you cant supply the goods and then insult me by not picking up a phone. I have manged a location move or 3 in my life. You lock down on Thurs or Fri and turn the key on Monday. Their mismanagement and admitted stupidity is not my problem, but it now became it... J&P - you suck. This is my last order (and lord knows I bought a ton from you). The delay is the start, your lack of accountability and **** customer service is the end. Hiding behind a faceless facebook post is BS. Want to do right by your clients? How about you waive shipping fees, offer a 20% discount, offer a free t-shirt with next order - something... But IMHO - your just taking in even additional orders adding to your snowballed back log and that is bullshi*..

Hey your sponsors here - how about an answer? I am willing to bet half your staff reads this forum.. But no... you wont... My business - If I know im being called out, I get in front of it.. Other businesses have gotten infront of issues here. Why not you?

Old 03-24-2016, 08:02 AM
tankthebiker
Road Master
Received 181 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by skyflyer
I follow J&P on facebook, they posted this today.

At least it's a reasonable issue and can be resolved. Glad to see that they are communicating with everyone about it.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having an issue with J&P CYCLES?