General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else having an issue with J&P CYCLES?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 11:35 PM
crash_override65
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, I guess I'm late to the party of this one. I ordered a pair of tires back in Feb (Mich Cdrs) and I received the front tire in about 2 weeks after being promised 8 days. The rear tire took nearly a month to receive. I called them multiple times, average of 25-30 minute wait to talk to someone. I could never get a straight answer.

I had to order a new set of slip ons just a few days after FINALLY receiving my rear tire. I went to J&P to look, and even had a set in my cart when I saw the dreaded, "Experiencing Delays, Items may take 3-5 days to Ship" message. I backed out. Went to RevZilla, received my items in 3 days.

I'm never going back to J&P again. RevZilla ships out of Vegas, which is close. They ship fast, don't charge sales tax, they have military discount, and they have Zilla Cash, which you earn for just buying stuff you would normally buy.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:29 AM
Dane M
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Bought a headlight ring that was supposed to be 5 3/4 and their bike fit thing said it would fit too. Well IT didn't. When I've had to deal with their customer service, it's either really helpful, or totally useless. So I didn't even bother to try on this one, just took the hit.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:35 AM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

I ordered a set of sprocket bolts from them that was on ebay. It said they had 1 in stock, 3 days later I look at the transaction to see if it shipped and it says it will be over a month before it ships. I sent them a email requesting my money back which they did a week or so later. Why do they sell crap that's not available of they don't have?

Old 03-30-2016, 11:51 AM
wraplock
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I needed a new clutch push rod and throw out bearing kit for my Son in Laws 79 Shovel head yesterday. I started reading this thread a few days ago and when he said I'll just order it from JP I said FORGET IT! lets get it local even if we have to pay extra! I grow weary of all the lousy customer service from supply houses. I restore Classic Corvettes and the parts outlets are just as bad there as well. Seems no one cares about customer service.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:54 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

I just saved my neighbor a lot of grief! He was minutes away from ordering 2 tires and some other misc. parts from J&P for his Moto Guzzi. He ordered from Bike Bandit instead after I told him about this. You listening J&P? Get it together or go out of business!!!! And I still have no parts nor shipping confirmation :icon _mad:

Old 03-30-2016, 11:59 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,681 Likes on 1,665 Posts

The stuff I ordered on Monday shows it was shipped on Tuesday and UPS tracking shows it being delivered tomorrow.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:01 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Oh and J&P, rather than posting on FB about how great Daytona was, how about going out in the warehouse and filling some orders!!!!!

Old 03-30-2016, 12:52 PM
jmann8686
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wow. I'm late to this party. I guess I got lucky. I ordered a tire on a friday night. The email that said that is shipped went to my junk box and I didn't see it. I got home from work the Wednesday or Thursday and there was the tire sitting next to my driveway gate. That was just a three weeks ago. hope you guys get your stuff soon or your money back

Old 03-30-2016, 03:45 PM
J&P Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default J&P Cycles Shipping/Customer Service

Loyal Customers of J&P Cycles.
The best way to start this post is with an apology. We have seen these posts. We are very sorry for any issues you may have encountered regarding shipping delays of your orders from our company. It is not acceptable and we have no excuses. We dropped the ball and it is affecting each of you in a negative way.

While an apology is just words, I want to ensure you there are actions being taken to make things right.

First, we have teams working around the clock in our Louisville facility to receive product into inventory that were ordered for the busy season. This includes everyone on our teams with people coming from Iowa to Texas. In changing the location of our warehouse from Anamosa, Iowa to Louisville, Kentucky, we underestimated the impact of these changes and how they would affect our ability to serve you. You might ask why we even started to make such a change - really it was in response to how we could ship products faster from a location that would improve delivery times. Yes, we see the current irony - we are now slower and shipping is taking longer. However, once this initial roll-out is corrected, all of our customers will be pleased with the ability to receive items ordered much faster.

Second, we recognize the importance and value of your time. With this said, we are currently exploring meaningful options that we can provide to our customers who were impacted by these delays.
We are receiving items and shipping items every day. It is slower than planned, but improvements are already being seen. Right now, we are targeting to be back to normal ship times by April 8th. While longer than we would like, we want to be realistic with you.

We continue to make strong progress on receiving our backlogged inventory. We have successfully hired and trained additional personnel to add to our team, they are currently working around the clock to resolve these issues. With all the extra hands on deck and progress we have seen, we are looking forward to accelerating our shipping and receiving of orders. As we continue to address problem orders and blitz shipment of items, we will provide updates in the near future. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has created with your ability to get out and ride. We thank you for your patience.

We are very sorry for this unfortunate slow down and negative experience with J&P Cycles. Our customers are paramount and we want you riding as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience. We will continue to provide regular updates so that you stay fully informed.

If you would like to check the status of your order, the most up to date information is available on our website. If you wish to call, you may reach us at 1-800-318-4823. Please be patient as we are experiencing heavy call volume.

Humbly,
Zach Parham
General Manager J&P Cycles

Kevin Strawbridge
President

The following 2 users liked this post by J&P Cycles:
Mr. Wizard (03-30-2016), Oldun (03-30-2016)
Old 03-30-2016, 04:27 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

That's complete nonsense. None of that makes up for mistreatment. None of that outlines proposals to compensate for the extra delays, and non communication...
Affected customers are still damaged .
Words come too easy and are cheap. They do nothing if you don't prove it

Last edited by amkaos; 03-30-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having an issue with J&P CYCLES?