General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else having an issue with J&P CYCLES?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 01:58 PM
Alienwulf
Supporter
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

If they say we'll ship it in 30 minutes or less by Drone and I pay for it "Yes I expect it in 30 or less" how would i be the bad guy for their breaking their word?

Old 03-29-2016, 02:02 PM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,962 Likes on 1,160 Posts

Originally Posted by tar_snake
I've never had troubles with J&P Cycles before either...until this last order I made on the tenth of March this year.

They sure took the money from my Paypal account nice and fast, sent all the e-mails - the 'receipt', etc, but no shipping time and still no product. That makes 20 days now and no answer to my e-mails either.

I fear I'll also have to avoid J&P from now on and I hope Paypal can get me my money back.

By the way, the *best* prices I've found yet for the tires I use on my bike (Michelin Commander II - 160/70-17 rear and 100/90-19 front) I always get from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com

Free shipping and I will have the tire in two days or less...they haven't failed me yet on that (I'm in west TN).
Originally Posted by Fishonsc
I made a order at the end of January. I tried to cancel the order but never could get in touch with them. Just had my cc company get my money back. Well yesterday I get home from work and a jp cycles box is on the door step. They went and rechargeed my card and shipped anyway. I have already bought the parts I needed from else where. Not sure what I am going to do now. Wife tells me to just let it go. I know one thing. They will never get a dime from me again! They are owned by MAG( motorcycle aftermarket group). Look up what they own. You will be surprised. They could give a damn about you or me. Going to make buy parts harder but MAG will not get any of my money.
"In 2012 Oregon-based Motorcycle Superstore, Inc. ("Superstore") joined with Iowa-based J&P Cycles to create the MAG Retail Group." From this link..http://www.maggroup.com/retail-group

As I posted earlier I have been doing business with them for over 20 years and they have always done me right but there is no excuse for their lack of communication with this current situation. I am disappointed in them with the stories I am hearing about them not answering calls or returning emails.

I will take them at their word for now that this is a temporary deal related to the move and I will wait a month or so before ordering anything but they should have posted something on their site and not just facebook. I don't do facebook and I would never have known what was going on if someone hadn't posted it here.

The following users liked this post:
Alienwulf (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016, 02:05 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,933 Likes on 2,444 Posts
Default Well..

Originally Posted by ElectraGlideSteve
How do you cancel the order when they don't respond to the phone, emails or internet contact?

I called to cancel my order - they did not pick up
I replied to the email

I called my CC company and explained everything. I also told them the item is listed as non-cancellable and non-returnable. I supplied my contact log. I pointed them to this thread. They called! They were not picked up. When something is purchased there is a service level that needs to be maintained - They did not meet that service level and my dispute was honored by Amex.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:11 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 241 Posts

They are owned by MAG( motorcycle aftermarket group). Look up what they own. You will be surprised. They could give a damn about you or me. Going to make buy parts harder but MAG will not get any of my money.
Wow, they own a lot of companies that people on here deal with and many of them are premiere brands. They just may be a little pissed at the people they have running J&P right now. Their brands:

Burly Brand, DragonFire Racing, J&P Cycles, Kuryakyn, MAG Europe, Mustang Motorcycle Seats, Motorcycle Superstore, Performance Machine, Powersports U™, Progressive Suspension, Renthal, Roland Sands, Vance & Hines, Xtreme Machine

Old 03-29-2016, 02:31 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,933 Likes on 2,444 Posts
Default Here's the funny thing

Originally Posted by FXDXTSport
Wow, they own a lot of companies that people on here deal with and many of them are premiere brands. They just may be a little pissed at the people they have running J&P right now. Their brands:

Burly Brand, DragonFire Racing, J&P Cycles, Kuryakyn, MAG Europe, Mustang Motorcycle Seats, Motorcycle Superstore, Performance Machine, Powersports U™, Progressive Suspension, Renthal, Roland Sands, Vance & Hines, Xtreme Machine

I just hung up with Mustang Seat. They answered on the 1st ring. The service was the best (as it always has). The answered my questions, supplied a shipping date and was textbook perfect. Nice job Mustang!

Old 03-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Fishonsc
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDXTSport

Wait until they buy Dennis Kirk, Rezilla, Cycle Gear etc..... They will jack prices up thru the roof. Seen the same thing happen in the fishing industries.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:31 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Originally Posted by Alienwulf
If they say we'll ship it in 30 minutes or less by Drone and I pay for it "Yes I expect it in 30 or less" how would i be the bad guy for their breaking their word?
Don't know, don't care.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:33 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

So you have no problem with a company taking your money then taking two months to ship it to you?

In the fifteen plus years I have been buying and selling things online (and I have bougt and sold a lot of things). I have not once waited that long to receive something or for someone to receive something I have sent. if I ever have to wait a long time, I will not be bothered in the least, lifes too short - **** happens.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:30 PM
Hippie49
Elite HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 148 Posts

The hell of it is, someone at J&P Cycles is reading everyone of these posts.

Crickets!

Old 03-29-2016, 10:59 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,786 Likes on 2,147 Posts

I made a order at the end of January. I tried to cancel the order but never could get in touch with them. Just had my cc company get my money back. Well yesterday I get home from work and a jp cycles box is on the door step. They went and rechargeed my card and shipped anyway. I have already bought the parts I needed from else where. Not sure what I am going to do now. Wife tells me to just let it go. I know one thing. They will never get a dime from me again! They are owned by MAG( motorcycle aftermarket group). Look up what they own. You will be surprised. They could give a damn about you or me. Going to make buy parts harder but MAG will not get any of my money.
looked them up, says they also own progressive suspension which any time have called tech support during the work week, always get a live person to talk to. they have excellent customer service from my experience.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having an issue with J&P CYCLES?