General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a trailer??? Bring the hate.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016 | 01:21 PM
sharpshooter
|
Road Warrior
Default Need a trailer??? Bring the hate.

Now I know what your thinking... trailering is a no no but. The scenario is this. My GF goes on a ton of benefit rides (her late husband died suffering from PTSD) so she stays involved in things related to that and has made several friends in the same situation as her. This was before I came into the picture so I def feel its not my place to change anything. With that said, she does go on a ton of rides. Most of them are several hundred miles away and riding the bike all the way there just isnt feasible. So she is looking at getting a trailer. Something small but will tote a Slim. Her HOA states that she cant park it in her driveway so it will have to go in her back yard which leaves me moving it around by hand... So an enclosed one is completely out.. What are my options? I see some online but I do not see many reviews. Im looking for firsthand experience and opinions. Thanks

Old 03-22-2016 | 01:44 PM
Slowmo
Cruiser

there are quite a few folding trailers that would meet your needs depending on how much you want to spend on one. the one I like the best is https://www.kendonusa.com/ though it's very pricey.

Old 03-22-2016 | 01:57 PM
sharpshooter
|
Road Warrior

Wow.. Yea those are pricey arent they... Looks like it would fit the bill though.

Old 03-22-2016 | 01:59 PM
LoneWoolf
Stellar HDF Member

Will you be going with her, or is this a solo deal for her. Reason I ask is that in my book, I would only buy a trailer that I could load and unload myself. That requirement eliminates all the inexpensive trailers and requires a trailer designed for solo motorcycle loading/unloading. I believe the Kendon mentioned by SloMo fits that as do the Chariot trailers, and I'm sure some others.

I would also check and see if she could rent a U-Haul motorcycle specific open trailer in your area. I used one once and it was pretty easy, and very cheap. Good luck.

Old 03-22-2016 | 02:15 PM
sharpshooter
|
Road Warrior

I should have made that clear in my post earlier.. I will try to go to some if possible, but my work schedule doesnt allow for alot of the rides... And the Uhaul thing is a great idea...

Old 03-22-2016 | 02:36 PM
chadk
Road Master

i have heard many good reviews on the uhaul trailers.

Old 03-22-2016 | 02:42 PM
sharpshooter
|
Road Warrior

Scratch the Uhaul.. She wants one that's hers... I swear, women!!! lol

Old 03-22-2016 | 03:44 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member

http://www.alumaklm.com/utility/single-axle i have an older model #5410 that weighs in at a little over 300 lbs.

Old 03-22-2016 | 03:50 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

No worries about trailers. I trailered my Softail Standard to Daytona this year from NC. I would have rode it but I had a hard time figuring out how to lash down a weeks worth of gear to it with no saddlebags and just a solo seat. Nice thing is, the campground was $15 a night and I was able to sleep in the trailer and spend the extra funds not spent on a hotel room on a new tire, battery and beer!!

Old 03-22-2016 | 04:04 PM
threedeuce5
Cruiser

Don't know if you've checked into this or not, but uhaul rents a MC trailer for next to nothing and they're great. This would solve both problems you have.

Quick Reply: Need a trailer??? Bring the hate.