General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a trailer??? Bring the hate.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016 | 04:11 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member

Anyone who flames you for trailering is a jackass. And why is it a no no? What you do is nobody else's damn business.

The following users liked this post:
JimmyDee (03-23-2016)
Old 03-22-2016 | 04:14 PM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member

I have the Kendon Single Ride Up. https://www.kendonusa.com/product/si...cycle-trailer/
It is an awesome, well-built trailer. When not in use, it sits upright against a wall in my garage directly behind my Ultra. It truly takes minimal storage space. As you already mentioned, they don't give away their trailers, but I suppose you indeed "get what you pay for."

Since you both ride, perhaps something you want to consider for a bit more money is the double trailer. I investigated this option and consistently was advised that the double could be used with a single bike because of the design of the suspension. Frankly, if I went that route, I would get the optional center rail to balance the single-bike load on the trailer. Good luck in your search.

Old 03-22-2016 | 04:31 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior

OYFG.. I really like that.. i never knew of that product..

Old 03-22-2016 | 04:40 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Hate? For trailers? Or for you wanting a trailer? If you need one or want one, go for it. It's not going to effect me.

Old 03-22-2016 | 04:45 PM
jimfreeman
Cruiser

I have a friend who has the Kendon Dual Ride Up SRL Folding Trailer that lists new for $3699. He has mentioned selling it since he is converting his bike into a trike. It is several years old but in like new condition. Used very little. I cannot say for sure but he would probably take $1700 or so. He is in Georgia & looks like you are in Tennessee so delivery/pick up should not be too difficult. PM me if interested & I will put you in touch.

Old 03-22-2016 | 05:27 PM
ev780
Tourer

Hi I am EV780 and I trailer!

How else is the bike supposed to get south in the winter so I can ride?

Old 03-22-2016 | 06:01 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior

I have a Single bike trailer made by Phoenix Motorcycle Trailers that i am going to sell. It is lightweight for moving around in your garage or yard for that matter. it will fold up to stand in your garage. I paid $1600.00 for it and i have added a rock shield for the front and added two ramps that are handy when you are riding the bike up the ramp. It has a locking chock Condor style and may even be a Condor.Trailer looks really nice with the chrome bullet hole style rims with 175/80 R 13 tires and spare too all have great tread. The floor, rock shield and ramps are of diamond plate aluminum. I have trailered my Street Glide, Deuce, Deluxe and Sportster . It has hauled a Fatboy for a friend. I have all the paperwork from my purchase. It is a little over six years old and i will sell it for $900.00 I can send you pics to your cell but i don't know how to post them here. Send me a Private message with your # if interested. Thanks. This is my trailer here on this youtube video. This one is minus the rock shield and the ramps for your feet.
Phoenix Motorcycle Trailer - YouTube [IMG]resource://c1a2a613-35f1-4fcf-b27f-2840527b6556/data/images/sb_safeAnnotation.png[/IMG]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rpbi5_9RQc

Nov 25, 2009 · ONE-PERSON LOADING TRAILER • ALUMINUM STAND UP TRAILERS - STARTS AT $1795 (usd) • Single person loading of motorcycle • Single person folding and .

Last edited by tidbit1; 03-22-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-22-2016 | 06:05 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member

I've never trailered but am thinking about it to facilitate a ride in the Rockies without 3 day's tedium of riding the "flat states"--Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas. (Sorry midwesterners, but I was born in Nebraska and have done many uninteresting trips across the midwest. It's not prejudice, it's experience.)

Has anyone ever used one of these: http://theusatrailerstore.com/ace-si...cycle-trailer/

Old 03-22-2016 | 06:14 PM
Michael Psycle
Seasoned HDF Member

There is no rule against trailering a motorcycle, ever. I'm happy for you that you have a gf who rides and gives so much of her time for charitable causes. Anyone who gives you or her so much as a bad look or a sneer are simply telling you how judgmental they are. That's their problem to deal with.

Old 03-22-2016 | 06:18 PM
sunderhill
Road Master
Veteran: Navy

I have this one, that is a lot like the Kendon. Folds up and is sturdy with torsion axles. The company is out of Bradenton, Fl. but I don't think they make it anymore. I paid $800.00 off Craigslist. Pulls well with a big bike on it.

Quick Reply: Need a trailer??? Bring the hate.