General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with viking bags

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016 | 08:52 PM
jxc330
|
Cruiser
Default Viking bags

I am having an ongoing bad experience with Viking Bags. I ordered a set of their bags and a quick release system as well to the tune of 331.00 with shipping (49.99). That was on 02/29. To date I don't have my bags, with different excuses from different reps (Devin, Omar, then Justin), always something about bolts being missing from the quick release kits. I never received a proactive call from them about the delayed shipping, bolt issue, or anything, I always had to call them. Twice they have promised to refund my shipping, and only after my second time asking about it (the first time they didn't even follow through at all) did they refund 12.99 (NOT the 49.99 they charged me). Lastly, it now looks like they actually created a shipping number through UPS, then voided it the next day, presumably to pacify me for a bit longer. I have left written messages on their website, with no response. I also left a message (and negative review) on their FB page, which I now know they filter and only allow positive or scripted reviews that they put up themselves. This company is a sham and is a symptom of what's wrong with American today. They are lucky they are in CA or I'd have half a mind to go get my money back the old fashioned way. At this point I'm hoping to dispute the charge with my credit card company and let them duke it out for me. STAY AWAY from these guys.

Old 03-17-2016 | 09:14 PM
dennsco
Intermediate

That sux JXC, sorry to hear about your crappy experience with Viking. I am planning to order a set of the quick release mounts for my bags but that has me seriously considering just ordering the easy mounts instead.

Old 03-17-2016 | 09:22 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Happy with mine although I did have to do some modifying myself to get the hardware to work. Purchased brand new on EBay for about half the retail price. Only complaint is the shock cutout steals a lot of storage space. Bags are of good quality. I also have a set of the Thor bags which while small are of very high quality IMHO plus they also lock.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 03-17-2016 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-17-2016 | 09:29 PM
jxc330
|
Cruiser

Glad you guys have had better experiences than I had. Dennis, I can't tell you what to do, but I would be very leery of ordering anything from them at this point, and if you can find their quick release bracket through a third party vendor that will go to bat for you in the event of an issue, I would go that route. I actually paid more and ordered them direct from Viking because I thought that would AVOID problems as they would hopefully stand behind their product more than anyone else. Sadly, that has not been true at all. Tomorrow I'm going to cancel my order and hope they get me my money soon so I can order bags from someone else. On the bright side, I just purchased a seat from Mustang and am happy as ever with it, and their customer service.

Old 03-17-2016 | 10:45 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

I know this is will sting the pocket, it did mine. I say look into some of the Leather Pros, yeah big money but they're truly works of art and I'll bet my bike you wont have any of the quality issues or the run around your getting from Viking. If they're a lil to much then look http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline.com/dyna They have all the HD bags and at great prices, look at the Synthetic Bags for under $400 shipped if you're on a budget.

Old 03-18-2016 | 12:11 AM
EJ122763
Advanced

Originally Posted by dennsco
That sux JXC, sorry to hear about your crappy experience with Viking. I am planning to order a set of the quick release mounts for my bags but that has me seriously considering just ordering the easy mounts instead.

That's what I did...The Easy Mounts had a much better review and I'm 100% satisfied with them and my Viking Bags.

Old 03-18-2016 | 06:16 AM
jxc330
|
Cruiser

Thanks FXDI--I will definitely check those two out after I sort everything out with Viking...

Old 03-18-2016 | 08:59 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jxc330
I am having an ongoing bad experience with Viking Bags.
Unfortunately post like yours are not uncommon. But you're on the right track to getting help. If I were you, I would start a new thread and title it something to the effect of: "Problem with Viking bags". Then at some point Roberto will respond to the threat saying email me, I'll be glad to help. They want to keep as much of this off the Forum as possible. But at least at that point you'll actually get some help. That seems to be the typical protocol to getting any resolve to such issues. And if you keep updating this thread, you'll finally get the customer service you're hoping for. Trust me, that works every time!

Old 03-18-2016 | 09:22 AM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member

Indeed, the internet is a powerful place and word spreads faster then a hooker in a hotel, bad press is never good for business.

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
Unfortunately post like yours are not uncommon. But you're on the right track to getting help. If I were you, I would start a new thread and title it something to the effect of: "Problem with Viking bags". Then at some point Roberto will respond to the threat saying email me, I'll be glad to help. They want to keep as much of this off the Forum as possible. But at least at that point you'll actually get some help. That seems to be the typical protocol to getting any resolve to such issues. And if you keep updating this thread, you'll finally get the customer service you're hoping for. Trust me, that works every time!

Old 03-18-2016 | 10:47 AM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member

Normally, I don't bitch about **** poor service. I just learn from it and move on. But this post is timely, and I'm still pretty bugged, so I just can't help myself from making a comment.

I'm not happy with them either, although my issue isn't nearly as severe. I ordered the quick release bag mounts, and pretty much based on what it said directly on the item page.

"In Stock" and "Same Day Shipping".

It took a week just to ship 'em. I have a simple requirement when doing business with anyone. "Say what you will do, then DO WHAT YOU SAY!"

If it's gonna take several days before you can ship stuff, then just say so, fer cryin' out loud. If you're gonna advertise "Same Day Shipping" then DO IT!

So, not a good first impression. Doubt I'll buy from them again. Too many good companies out there that want my money!

Quick Reply: Problem with viking bags