General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with viking bags

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016 | 02:23 PM
NMfxdf
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mike Lawless
That's my main complaint. They should just say that on the website.

"Same Day CC Billing....we ship when we dang well please, charge a lot for that shipping and choose the slowest way possible."

Ok. I'm done. Got it out of my system. Moving on now.

I'm still goin' for a good ol' ride this weekend, even though my packing is improvised.
I Could not agree more!

Old 03-18-2016 | 04:21 PM
tommyglide
Tourer

The Leather Works Inc. in Stockton Ca, dam good quality product for a fair price and delivered to me in Canada when they promised.

Old 03-18-2016 | 04:42 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jbfb
... let them know about this thread so they can see how far they've pushed you. The power of social media grows and one solitary bad experience might be written off, but when there's a growing number of customer service complaints, even a previously happy customer like myself will eventually think twice about taking risks with a changing business.
This thread is same song, different verse.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...+bags+hdforums

Old 03-19-2016 | 12:55 PM
jxc330
|
Cruiser

That's good advice Bonedoc. I'm currently on hold with them. I was hung up on a few moments ago after being transferred. Nobody even picked up, it just rang and then hung up. I'm starting to wonder if they actually flag unsatisfied customers that they've lied to about things so that they don't have to deal with them. I say this because I can't get anyone on their website "chat" applet to reply to me even though a window will pop up asking if I need their help, plus they just hung up on me. Just so everyone knows, I'm not even here to *itch anymore, just to inform prospective customers of Viking Bags poor service, etc. I never did receive a call from manager "Omar" yesterday or today. I'm thinking of making some YouTube videos soon during calls (or attempted calls) with Viking, to document their deceptive and fraudulent sales practices.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/vikingbags.com

I have an ongoing issue with this company as well, and am doing my part in letting fellow riders know NOT to spend their hard earned pay with these bozos.

On a positive note, I recently purchased from Mustang Seats, and cannot say enough good things about them. An excellent product, AND excellent customer service.

Thanks.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 03-19-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2016 | 09:24 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

They've been thru a few reps since I bought a set of bags from them a couple years ago. Looks like their current rep is "Jeff" and he hasn't signed into the forum since Tuesday 3/15/16. Hopefully he checks in soon to address your issues. I even sent him a PM titled "Damage Control Required" with a link to this thread. It's the same screen name as previous reps, Bobby & Roberto used: "Viking Bags", in case you want to PM him.

It's hard to imagine any company being this pathetic. Why even be a supporting vendor if you don't monitor the forums? Their customer service is getting so bad that they're not worth dealing with at any price.

Good luck jxc.

Old 05-04-2016 | 02:39 PM
LADJ
Intermediate

Hey Guys its Jeff from VB here please send me any and all of your current issues and phone numbers I'll contact you today and get it all rectified.

We apologize for the hang ups its mostly an issue with our phone systems we've switched to a new system recently due to connection issues and poor connection quality so it should be rectified.

We realize the issues with CS and have been restructuring our CS department, please contact me directly and we will get you all rectifieid/replaced or refunded.

Old 05-04-2016 | 02:41 PM
LADJ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jxc330
That's good advice Bonedoc. I'm currently on hold with them. I was hung up on a few moments ago after being transferred. Nobody even picked up, it just rang and then hung up. I'm starting to wonder if they actually flag unsatisfied customers that they've lied to about things so that they don't have to deal with them. I say this because I can't get anyone on their website "chat" applet to reply to me even though a window will pop up asking if I need their help, plus they just hung up on me. Just so everyone knows, I'm not even here to *itch anymore, just to inform prospective customers of Viking Bags poor service, etc. I never did receive a call from manager "Omar" yesterday or today. I'm thinking of making some YouTube videos soon during calls (or attempted calls) with Viking, to document their deceptive and fraudulent sales practices.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/vikingbags.com

I have an ongoing issue with this company as well, and am doing my part in letting fellow riders know NOT to spend their hard earned pay with these bozos.

On a positive note, I recently purchased from Mustang Seats, and cannot say enough good things about them. An excellent product, AND excellent customer service.

Thanks.
Hey JX, we're sorry about your experience, if you would like you can contact me directly we can work out something to at least get you on your way happier.

We understand if you may not want to deal with us again in the future but I'm hoping we can at least rectify your current issue.

Old 05-12-2016 | 12:22 PM
Streebo
Advanced

I'll throw my 2 cents in. I originally ordered a set of hard bags this last winter. What I had delivered was atrocious. Looked like someone left them out in the weather all winter then kicked them down a flight of stairs for good measure. Paint was destroyed and the hardware was rusty. How that even got through their quality department is beyond me. (have pics) Took about 2-3 weeks for them to do a full investigation. Sent them back, and had a new set sent to me. At this point I was pleased with their customer service, Jeff seems to be doing a pretty good job.

Got my new set, seemed amazing, rode for about 3 weeks of fairly light riding and the lids started rattling. Opened them up to find broken hardware on both sides. So I replaced all the screws, lids still rattled, maybe the hinges were permanently damaged. The weatherstripping isn't providing any seal at all, never really did, and I'm well out of the 30 day return policy. Also seems to be cracking around the mounting hardware and I haven't loaded more than a jacket and my lunch in them. Just overall poor quality in my opinion, which is a shame, because I really like the style of the bags. Can't say I'll be ordering from them again in the future.

Old 05-16-2016 | 03:42 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Streebo
I'll throw my 2 cents in. I originally ordered a set of hard bags this last winter. What I had delivered was atrocious. Looked like someone left them out in the weather all winter then kicked them down a flight of stairs for good measure. Paint was destroyed and the hardware was rusty. How that even got through their quality department is beyond me. (have pics) Took about 2-3 weeks for them to do a full investigation. Sent them back, and had a new set sent to me. At this point I was pleased with their customer service, Jeff seems to be doing a pretty good job.

Got my new set, seemed amazing, rode for about 3 weeks of fairly light riding and the lids started rattling. Opened them up to find broken hardware on both sides. So I replaced all the screws, lids still rattled, maybe the hinges were permanently damaged. The weatherstripping isn't providing any seal at all, never really did, and I'm well out of the 30 day return policy. Also seems to be cracking around the mounting hardware and I haven't loaded more than a jacket and my lunch in them. Just overall poor quality in my opinion, which is a shame, because I really like the style of the bags. Can't say I'll be ordering from them again in the future.
Hey there its Jeff, I'll still see if we can't get something done for you man shoot me a message.

Old 05-16-2016 | 06:05 PM
oct1949
Club Member

ifailedenglishandistillfindthathathardtoread..

Quick Reply: Problem with viking bags