General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with viking bags

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016 | 11:03 AM
amkaos
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jxc330
FYI to guys looking to buy bags: I am having an ongoing bad experience with Viking Bags. I ordered a set of their bags and a quick release system as well to the tune of 331.00 with shipping (49.99). That was on 02/28. To date I don't have my bags, with different excuses from different reps (Devin, Omar, then Justin), always something about bolts being missing from the quick release kits. I never received a proactive call from them about the delayed shipping, bolt issue, or anything, I always had to call them. Twice they have promised to refund my shipping, and only after my second time asking about it (the first time they didn't even follow through at all) did they refund 12.99 (NOT the 49.99 they charged me). I have also never received a call from a manager as promised by Justin. Lastly, it now looks like they actually created a shipping number through UPS, then voided it the next day, presumably to pacify me for a bit longer. I have left written messages on their website, with no response. I also left a message (and negative review) on their FB page, which I now know they filter and only allow positive or scripted reviews that they put up themselves. This company is a sham and is a symptom of what's wrong with America today. They are lucky they are in CA or I'd have half a mind to go get my money back the old fashioned way. At this point I'm hoping to dispute the charge with my credit card company and let them duke it out for me. STAY AWAY from these guys.
Well this week I drove 1000 miles to look at a jacket.. I didn't leave empty handed..if I were in your spot and pissed off, I might drive to their store.. I wouldn't leave empty handed

Old 03-18-2016 | 12:33 PM
kwn36
Road Captain

I ordered a windshield bag from them last month. I received it in a timely manner, but honestly, it feels pretty cheap as does the mounting hardware. There wasn't even any documentation/packing slip, etc. in the box when I opened it. No big deal, I guess, but I found that kind of odd.

I've had it on the bike for 850 miles and so far no issues. But, I do take the time to check the mounting hardware before I head out because I don't really trust that it's going to stay snug.

The bag was only $50, so if I can get a couple riding seasons out of it without it flying off of the windshield, I'll consider it a good purchase. Probably the last thing I buy from them though.

Old 03-18-2016 | 12:45 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member

So are you guys saying the Same day shipping should have said Same day we take your payment?

Old 03-18-2016 | 12:51 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by heritageblue2013
So are you guys saying the Same day shipping should have said Same day we take your payment?
Oh, they dinged my CC right away! Shipping was six days later

Old 03-18-2016 | 01:30 PM
jbfb
Road Captain

I ordered some saddle bags from them last year (went with Great Bike Gears ez brackets tho) and had no issues with the process. Also got a medium/large tail bag for a great price and for the buck vs bang I'm still pleased with all the bags.
Reason I'm posting, let them know about this thread so they can see how far they've pushed you. The power of social media grows and one solitary bad experience might be written off, but when there's a growing number of customer service complaints, even a previously happy customer like myself will eventually think twice about taking risks with a changing business.

Good luck!

Old 03-18-2016 | 01:34 PM
RHPAW
Banned

That's not how vikings used to do it. Send them to Valhalla.

Old 03-18-2016 | 01:46 PM
bbuckis
Cruiser

Give them a review on the Yelp page.

Old 03-18-2016 | 02:00 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member

Maybe it's that laid back So Cal thing.

Y'know, I buy a lot of "toy supplies", whether it's for my drag race car or my motorcycles. I get the same treatment from So Cal outfits for the drag race stuff too. I have a "blacklist" of drag race outfits that won't do business with because of this kind of treatment. I'm only 250 miles north too. The problem is, one like me who doesn't live there, phones an order in. "Oh yeah, we'll get that right out!" Then a few of the locals walk in, get face to face service, while my order get pushed further and further back. So, I'll typically not darken their door again with my "pain in the ***" order.

I guess I shoulda known tho. I "***-umed" (my mistake for assuming) since they were only 250 miles to the south, that when I ordered last week and they say "Same Day Shipping" that I'd have it well enough ahead of this weekend's road trip. SURPRISE!

Yep. Must be a So Cal thing.
From their website....
Viking Bags is located in Los Angeles, California.Fast Shipping

After the customer places the order the products leave our Warehouse within 24 hours.

Old 03-18-2016 | 02:08 PM
NMfxdf
Tourer

I don't think that anything that I have ordered from Viking, 2 sets of bags, has ever come from California. I had some issues with them, sent the wrong brackets, sent brackets with wrong hardware, sent bags and brackets at different times. But I always had them answer the phone or call me back. All in all I was happy, but their shipping is slow.

Old 03-18-2016 | 02:20 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by NMfxdf
All in all I was happy, but their shipping is slow.
That's my main complaint. They should just say that on the website.

"Same Day CC Billing....we ship when we dang well please, charge a lot for that shipping and choose the slowest way possible."

Ok. I'm done. Got it out of my system. Moving on now.

I'm still goin' for a good ol' ride this weekend, even though my packing is improvised.

Quick Reply: Problem with viking bags