General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sunglasses

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 08:38 AM
ldepatie
Road Master
Received 854 Likes on 393 Posts

check out fastenal they have many choices and styles for around 10 bucks

The following users liked this post:
ElectroMike (03-16-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 11:41 AM
ElectroMike
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
My favorites sun glasses are Maui Jims.

+1 On the MJ's!

They are my favorite brand by far when it comes to quality. They are also one of the few brands not made in China (these are made in Japan) and view quality thru the lenses is great, puts my Oakley's to shame. I use them on daily bases for car driving and all outdoor activities year round.

However, I don't use MJ's for bike riding as I prefer wrap around goggles with the elastic head wrap instead, so I use Airfoil 7600 goggles. They are under $30 and last me a few years at a clip before the head band stretches out. These have the Polycarbonate lenses, nice foam on the back and are UV400. They fit my face just right and cause zero discomfort from a tightly fitted faceless helmet.

Old 03-16-2016, 11:57 AM
Roadblock_MN
Road Master
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I have tried a lot of glasses and always come back to Oakley...They have a few different ones that I like...I prefer the full frame with the wide ear piece...

I have a pair of crankshafts and a pair that is no longer made...the crankshaft is a touch bigger lens area then my other pair...

I have wileyx for clears I think if I remember correctly...

Old 03-16-2016, 12:05 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Listen at least look at Clic sunglasses I've had same pair for like 10-12 yrs.. And I've lost brand new glasses the same day... At least look, they are awesome, you won't be sorry..
They block out light all around the reveal and completely the wind from your eyes

Last edited by amkaos; 03-16-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:44 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

I'm a big fan of KD's. They cost about $10 and work great for me. I have two pair of Oakley's Half Jackets with R(x) lenses in them, but I hardly use them. I much prefer the KD's. I also rarely don't have my contacts in either so I don't need the Oaks as much.

Plus, my boy Jax wore them on SOA....

The following users liked this post:
pab3rd (06-06-2020)
Old 03-16-2016, 05:13 PM
astark
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierra977
Does Oakley still make Wind Jackets? Half Jackets are still available.

Actually I don't know, but figured they did. I have had mine for years, even got an extra set of polarized lenses and clear ones I have yet to even take out of the package, had those for a few years as well.

What I like is how well they block the wind, do not interfere with peripheral vision in anyway, and how comfortable they are, plus the ease of changing lenses for conditions, and they sure have held up well.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:21 PM
'Ol dirty biker
Road Warrior
Received 422 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Dedge522
+1 on the 3m safety glasses, I use them at night a lot. Easy and cheap and I don't have to worry about losing or breaking them!
Right on.. I keep two pairs on the bike, tinted for daytime and clear for night. If I loose them or scratch them I toss them and spend another $12 on new ones. Replacing $150 Oakleys gets old REAL fast

Old 03-16-2016, 07:04 PM
13RKC
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I like Oakley sunglasses.

If you are military, active or veteran, or a first responder (cop/firefighter) you get Oakley products at a huge discount. You have to sign up at the government website. US Standard Issue. Veteran status grants you admission for life. Otherwise you have to renew annually.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:04 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

I was wearing whatever safety glasses I could grab from work - worked OK but never found a pair that blocked the wind well at speed. Thought about getting some pricey glasses, WileyX or something, but I tend to be hard on glasses.

Then my wife bought me a pair of these: http://www.globalvision.us/catalog/p...ic/kickback-24

Fit me really well, fog free except when first put on in the colder weather, and I don't have to worry about switching glasses for day/night. Cost enough that I'm more careful with them than freebie safety glasses from work, but not so expensive that if I scratch them I'll be pissed.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:57 PM
cruzomatic
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I like the Oakley Wind Jackets.

Quick Reply: sunglasses