General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winzone Tool Kit.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 01:56 AM
okiehogg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winzone Tool Kit.

After reading numerous posts about the "Best" Tool kit, I decided on a whim to get one of these Winzone EK-1HD kits onEbay.These aremy initial impressions to share. There isonly so many tools you cancarry on a bike andI think Winzone has really thought this kit through.

The overall appearance of these tools is very good, not cheap "looking" chinese knock-offs, but nicely finished tools. I can't compare these to Snap-On or Craftsman because I have yet to use this kit in "combat"

The 30" syphon hose is thick tubing, which should hold up very well after being stored for extended periods.

The Torx-set is impressive. Trying to price a complete set can be depressing. Kit comes with T-10, 15, 20, 25, 27, 30 and 40

Vice Grips appear to be good quality, I used it today changing a water hose and it worked good, even with me putting a fair amount of force pulling a hose off. They held up well.

Kit also comes with some bailing wire, electrical wire and electical tape.

The spark-plug gage looks like it would work greatif needed.Not much more can be said on that.

Kit also comes with a standard turn/brake bulb in a plasticcontainer.

The small flashlight is strong and bright, I would recommend leaving the battery out when stored.

The spark plug sockets are 13/16" and 5/8" and are beefy.

The "Multi-Tool has a small knife, file, scissors and what appears to be a 3/8" wrench "thingy' (good idea if you ask me)

My overall impression is that if you need anything not in this kit, you'll probably be needing a dealership to save your day. I'd guess you can fix 90% of all minor emergencies with this kit. The only thing I'll be adding is a medium cresent wrench,some wax string,a few more light bulbs and some wire terminals. The bag this kit comes with is a good quality nylon bag which should stand up very well over time. Of course mine will be going in a leather Harley Fork Bag.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:04 AM
nickdv9
Advanced
Default RE: Winzone Tool Kit.

I got the exact same one as a birthday gift, and the only deficiency I have noticed is that the Leatherman knife is not that sharp. Otherwise, its everything I need.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:53 AM
flstfjeff
Tourer

...and if you manage to get all that in a tear drop tool box!Actually using the tool box liner,with out the tool bag,it does fit,great product.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:27 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

I was just wondering if it would fit in my td toolbox on my WG...which tool kit is this one? They offer more than one if I remember correctly.

ORIGINAL: flstfjeff

...and if you manage to get all that in a tear drop tool box!Actually using the tool box liner,with out the tool bag,it does fit,great product.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:21 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the info on the kit.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:15 PM
cosmo glider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 506 Likes on 198 Posts

I also carry this tool kit and recommend it. In addition to the extra supplimental tools you added, I would suggest these as well: (1) An inexpensive socket set 3/8" drive. (2)A 6" 3/8" extension. The kit comes with a 3/8" ratchet so these tools really expand it's flexability.
On a recent ride another rider needed to replace the nut(s) fastening his pipes to the exhaust manifold. Fortunately he stopped at an auto parts store (for the nuts)and bought the extension and sockets. Without the extension and socketstightening one of the nuts up is impossible with just the open end wrench. I bought those extra toolsfor my Winzone the very next day I was out.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Unamed
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cosmo glider

I also carry this tool kit and recommend it. In addition to the extra supplimental tools you added, I would suggest these as well: (1) An inexpensive socket set 3/8" drive. (2)A 6" 3/8" extension. The kit comes with a 3/8" ratchet so these tools really expand it's flexability.
On a recent ride another rider needed to replace the nut(s) fastening his pipes to the exhaust manifold. Fortunately he stopped at an auto parts store (for the nuts)and bought the extension and sockets. Without the extension and socketstightening one of the nuts up is impossible with just the open end wrench. I bought those extra toolsfor my Winzone the very next day I was out.
I second this! mainly because I needed sockets the other day and didnt have any, lol. I have this same kit.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:36 PM
lschultz
Road Master

I think this is a good kit. I bought one last yr and when we was going to Big Ben a exhaust nut came off of my sons Sportster.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:30 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have one and think it's great. I keep it in one of my saddlebags andI was able to help someone outwith it once.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:34 PM
SeaHag
Road Master

I have it and like it. Bought mine when they were a new product and have had only one tool fail....that little multi tool. I emailed Windzone and told them about it, they asked for my address and a couple days later I had a brand new one....so they stand behind their lifetime warrantee.

I didn't even have to prove I had the kit...I offered to send pictures if needed; but they didn't ask.

Quick Reply: Winzone Tool Kit.