General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am so damned sick and tired

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 09:56 PM
bak n blak
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am so damned sick and tired

Dude, I hear ya too! Good to vent sometimes. My bike is my therapy. I unfortunately, went through a divorce (bi-polar, credit card wife), and once I was back on my feet, the first (& only) toy I bought was my bike - my kids love it (ex- hates it - she knew I wanted one for ever), and when I'm down (& when I'm not!) a good ride let's it all go away. I want another now, but won't get one for a while. I asked myself, why do you work? I work to live the life I want - well, I want a Harley, o.k. get one - I'm gonna spend the money on something, might as well be something that is going to make me happy and give me something no therapist or anything else can give me. I've met a lot of guys in the same boat I'm in through my bike, and I've NEVER regretted the decision to buy it, as a matter of fact, it may be the best BEST decision I've ever made! If I'm down, I go for a ride, no matter what time of day. I love the bumper sticker that reads: "Sometimes it takes a full tank of gas to get a clear mind!" - so true.

Hang in there bro- better days to come. Fill the tank, ride and enjoy. Remember, there's a lot of people worse off then you - and so many people that DON'T own a Harley -they'll never know the feeling.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:03 PM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

I've lived a similar life. Worked since 14. Paid my own way thru college, worked while going to school at night after that to further my education. Live in rat trap apartments to save for a house, and spent many many years trying to make a marriage with a woman concerned mostly with looks and possessions work.

I bought my bike and other than my kid, it's my joy. It makes me nervous sometimes, but I gotta ride.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Newhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,

I was just looking at the Sunday paper and found a smoking deal on an 06 SE Ultra, I was trying to justify to myself why I should get that, the one I have works fine and one of the bestlooking bikes around here even though it's a 99. I thinkI might just go buy that. My storyis about the same so need to repeat it...buy, thanksso much for the pep talk.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:14 PM
becket
Advanced

Tell them "I raised my kids right, busted my *** all my life, went to war for my country, and I'll be damned if I am going to listen to anyone who goes through life tip-toeing quietly to their death because they are too much of a p***y to actually take a chance and live their own life, so they try to bring yours down to their meager existance to make themselves feel less worthless! I am so far beyondyou,get a real life first before trying to run mine!!!"

Or something to that effect...

Old 05-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Thongs2U
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Hang in there brother. You appear to be a hard worker with morals and dedication. This world needs more folks like that.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:06 PM
ZD
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

The hell of it is, if you end up jackin' someone in the jaw it'll only get you into hot water.The fact of the matter is that you're doing the right stuff, and they just ain't gonna get it. Having walked your path in many ways, I can tell youfrom personal experiencethat it's a lonesome road. Often times there's nobody to share your experiences with who understands that doing the right thing is always the most difficult choice.

The old one percenters used to have a slogan:

"When we do right, no one remembers... When we do wrong, no one forgets"

Unfortunately, that is the reality of life. You gotta feel your own inner pride in doing the right things, and let the rest slide off like water off a duck's back.You know where you've been and where you're going...Youalsoknow you've earned the simple pleasures in life that you do choose to take.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

YOU must be my long lost twin, LOL. hay, get another bike or fix that one, you've got it coming. No kidding, i've heard the same thing for a lota years, get this, my wife said, "tell him to hang in there" whoa, you have HER blessing, boy, that's a biggie, no kidding. I've felt just like you, almost took a 5 hour trip this week to punch a guy out. Sister in laws boyfriend, he's an idiot, i should have done it, but my wife say's not now. She's [sister in law] is a hag as well. THAT'S THERAPY!!! Get on the old bike, or get another and take a nice ride and chill a little. Life's to short to let the little things get ya down. Hang in there....

Old 05-13-2007, 11:24 PM
chopperz71
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorite is to completely act as though I didn't hear 'em. I don't acknowledge that they even spoke. Drives 'em nuts. My Pops was the worst for years. Then about 3 months ago he decided he wanted to ride with me, so wer'e lookin for him a ride. Do what YOU want to do. As stated above, there is no guarantee any of us will wake up tomorrow.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:32 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

I'd have to advise a verbal beating, over a physical one. I've always had a job since I was 15, and have been in the Army since I was 18. I've been riding bikes since I was 20. My mother has NEVER liked the fact that I ride, but it didn't stop me from doing so. (It wasn't a rebellion thing...it was I WANTED TO thing...) Married a woman who loved being my co-pilot, and now has her own ride. We're coming up on our 20th this summer. It hasn't always been easy, but it has been worth it. We have 3 growing boys, and it was never even HINTED AT that I should give up riding when our first son was born in '89. She knew how much it meant to me. She even stopped me from selling my bike a time or two, when I considered selling,because the "Dad" gig wasn't allowing me any riding time.Is riding dangerous...I suppose so. So is living life by someone else's idea of what is right. You have to go your own way. Most people who don't ride don't understand. They probably never will. Just wonder how many of the do-gooders who advise against riding are the same yahoos who make riding dangerous, by yapping on their cellphones, with the music cranked in their SUVs and minivans?

Old 05-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Psycho
Road Master

Deep breath.

Sorry for the earlier outburst guys. It's been pretty stressfull around here lately. I'm self employed with an enormous amount of overhead and responsibility, dealing with the insurance company has not been a happy experience for the most part, I'm in a lot of pain, and the physical therapy is making me feel like some kind of invalid. I'm not used to not being able to just go do what I've got to do.

Anyway, It's been almost a month since the wreck. I decided the bone in my left hand had enough time for light use, and after I posted earlier, I drove to a friends house and borrowed his 05' road king for a couple hours. It wasn't my bike, but it was close enough, and several hours and a 100 miles later plus a good steak with the old comfortable kind of friends at a local restaurant where everybody knows my name, I'm feeling a lot more relaxed. I can tell my body is still not ready for any long trips, there were a couple small heart murmurs when people got a little too close to my rear in traffic, the left hand is throbbing from the clutch, and I still managed to really enjoy myself. There really is nothing like it.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys, and it's off to bed for me. Got to get back to the physical therapy on shoulder first thing in the morning.