General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am so damned sick and tired

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 07:28 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts
Default RE: I am so damned sick and tired

You work hard and sacrifice. You should get what makes you happy. That's what I did when I finally realized the dealership didn't need my families permission to sell me a bike.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:35 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

The next m'f'er that says one cross word to me is getting a mouthfull of knuckles.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=smiley18.gif]

Old 05-13-2007, 07:40 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with ya bro...I've heard the same sh%t..."you gonna sell it now?...what you gotta a death wish?...it's not safe...too dangerous..."and on and on and on....all from people who never thrown thier leg over a bike...well screw'um...I'm gonna ride again as soon as I can....and I'll ride with ya Psycho anytime and we'll never discuss the BS....ride safe

Old 05-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She looks repairable, don't you think?

Old 05-13-2007, 08:25 PM
L3ft2
Road Captain

Hell yeah, get another one! Work hard play hard!

Old 05-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Wcross
Tourer

Dude, get the bike and take a loooonnnggg ride. If you make it up as far as New York, hell, I'll buy you a beer or five. I also have busted my a$$ all my life, doing the "Delayed satisfaction" routine while others j'cked off. Now I'm "Lucky" for what I've acheived in life, while those guys are busy making more excuses. I STILL bust my a$$, but it's for my own business. Everything is taken care of as far as my family, so I feel absolutely no guilt having anything I've earned. Actually, my wife was the one who suggested I get another bike for the stress relief. Twist that throttle, man!

Old 05-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Two Wheeler
Intermediate

Fix your ride and get back on her! We were never promised a tomorrow, so you had better make good use of today. After two back surgeries, I had someone ask me if I thought I should be getting back on my bike. I told them as long as I was able to get my leg over it, I was going to ride. I even bought a new 07 Road King Classic so I can ride in style untill the day comes I can't any longer. And like the other poster, I hope I go out the night before I reach that point. I even had the Pres. of the company I work at express his concern of my safety and what would happen at work if something happened to me! I don't live to work, I work to live and if something happens to me he can do the job as far as I care. You ride your bike, and buy another one if you can't get this one repaired like you want. I worked all of my life too, and at 50 and my back I hope I didn't wait too long before getting back on a bike. I would rather ride then eat, and that is saying something. You have a good ride and don't worry about what some may think. It is your life and from what you have said, you deserve a good bike.....or two!

Old 05-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Floridafred
Cruiser

They can't tell you nothing until they've walked in your shoes. That's why I like to go fishing, all by myself. Sometimes don't even bait the hook. I go out in the Everglades, all by myself and photograph wildlife. Throw my leg over the scoot and ride off into the sunset, all by myself. I hear ya man! There's time for family and there's time for #1. Take care #1 Bro.
Fred

[IMG]local://upfiles/29186/01174254891445E6B5E9AEA5DA08FA4D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-13-2007, 08:51 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

Brother I feel the same way. Been working since I was 5 on a family farm through high school (HARD WORK), worked 2 jobs to put myself through college (broke when graduated only 25 cent in my pocket), worked 2 jobs after college for 17 years to pay the bills and buy a house (my college degree didnt pay off at that time), NOW got 1 job using my college degree that is more stressful than any 2 jobs I ever had. My family tells me how dangerous it is to ride a Motorcycle. I am like daaa THEN DONT RIDE ONE. I did wait till my parents passed away since they knew I wanted one and it would have worried them in the latter years in life. Do I regret waiting YES and NO. YES I love the freedom and the theropy it does for me. I know how you feel and I have felt it many times. NO I dont regret waiting because I didnt want my parents to worry and I wanted them to have the best last days worry free as I could make it for them. I agree with you totally. Since I am a Christian I should not express it the way you have BUT I agree with your meaning. I have told my folks if I die on my bike it is due to GOD's hand because I am responsible as I can be and I would have died doing what I love to do. The theropy that my bike gives me has been the best money can buy AND my prayers to God while riding are some of the most enjoyable. Yes I have loud pipes but he can still hear me even if the person beside me cant ahhahaaa.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Heritage07
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

That's exactly what I told my wife when I bought mine. You got me beat, I started out on the street with 250.00 dollars so I feel your pain.