General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Creek Leather Jacket!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 08:56 AM
madsonp
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been buying Fox Creek leathers since the 90's, they're the only ones I'll ever buy. Everything I've gotten from them fits perfectly, and is of the highest quality.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:06 AM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by iRider
Does it have pockets for armor in the back, elbows and shoulders?
Not that I can tell. I'd say no.

Old 02-19-2016, 10:04 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I have always been impressed with Fox Creeks quality. It's baffling that in these parts, where Fox Creek lives, that Harley even SELLS a freaking jacket. The Chinese MOCO jackets are not on par with Fox Creek by such margin, it's scary! But their customer service is what seals the deal. Two years ago our club was having a large benefit to help out a Law Firm that constantly fights for motorcycle rights, here in Virginia. When asked, Fox Creek couldn't step up fast enough to help out with a donation. That's giving back to the community, on top of a great product.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:49 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior

I'm very satisfied with this jacket. I wore it on a round-trip to Daytona today. Cool in the morning, so I had a t-shirt, followed by a long sleeve t-shirt and then the jacket. Really protected against the wind and was never even slightly cold. On the way back, the weather had warmed up to about 74 degrees. Not even the slightest bit hot.

Great feel, smell and quality. I'm really going to enjoy this jacket.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:09 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm a big fan of quality and my fox creek Grayson is the best quality of any leather jacket I have owned in the past or the present. I have a Schott easy rider jacket, a Dainese full armored race jacket, and of course my fox creek Grayson. They are all high quality jackets but the Grayson is the best and it even has pockets I've placed premium armor in. Great jacket by a great company

Old 02-21-2016, 07:13 AM
CJeep
Road Captain
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Going to get one one of these days for sure. But last year, I was telling a buddy who no longer has a bike about them, he mentioned he had a jacket that would fit me, but no longer fits him, and asked if I wanted it. Turned out to be an FXRG leather from like 2009 or so. Absolutely mint. So, I gave him $200 for it. While I really wanted a FC jacket, I got a really good jacket (not as good as FC) for short money, but also helped him out at the same time, as he kinda needed some cash.

With the FXRG, a cheapo leather (which I also really like) and a mesh jacket, I can't justify another jacket right now, but the next one will be fox creek. Have to support a company that is so in tune with riders and has great customer service.

Old 02-21-2016, 01:53 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CJeep
Going to get one one of these days for sure. But last year, I was telling a buddy who no longer has a bike about them, he mentioned he had a jacket that would fit me, but no longer fits him, and asked if I wanted it. Turned out to be an FXRG leather from like 2009 or so. Absolutely mint. So, I gave him $200 for it. While I really wanted a FC jacket, I got a really good jacket (not as good as FC) for short money, but also helped him out at the same time, as he kinda needed some cash.

With the FXRG, a cheapo leather (which I also really like) and a mesh jacket, I can't justify another jacket right now, but the next one will be fox creek. Have to support a company that is so in tune with riders and has great customer service.
And...made in the USA. Everything Harley sells is made in China, and then they have the audacity to charge ridiculous amounts of money for their products.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:40 AM
LoneWoolf
Stellar HDF Member
Received 714 Likes on 488 Posts

Great looking jacket. Enjoy.

Their website gives a heads up about which jackets can be fitted with armor. Their armor set is an additional $250. For most of the armor ready jackets, plus the armor package, you are looking at $600 maybe more. In that price range, there are tons of choices, both leather, "waterproof" leather, and textile.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:24 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,081 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneWoolf
Great looking jacket. Enjoy.

Their website gives a heads up about which jackets can be fitted with armor. Their armor set is an additional $250. For most of the armor ready jackets, plus the armor package, you are looking at $600 maybe more. In that price range, there are tons of choices, both leather, "waterproof" leather, and textile.
No doubt. But, armor is optional for many brands. Fortunately, I have so much armor laying around from other jackets that I just used that. And I sure as hell wouldn't spend $250 on armor.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:24 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 248 Posts

I've got several items from FC - all top quality