General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The conveniences of riding a bike...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007 | 01:34 PM
anubisss
|
Banned
Default The conveniences of riding a bike...

When I began riding a bike a big part of it was the added convenience factor especially considering that I live in a busy, overcrowded urban area. Some af these conveniences for me are parking for free, splitting lanes, NOT sitting in traffic, saving gas money, having fun on my way to work by riding and the list goes on and on. Add whatever conveniences you include. No negatives or flaming please as that is not why I am here. Thanks...

Old 05-10-2007 | 01:40 PM
Speedkingnick
Road Warrior
Default RE: The conveniences of riding a bike...

It took me 30 years, but I'm finally out of the urban setting. I love it. I'm 7 miles from the store and 40 miles from a major city. Lots of 2 lane country roads with little to no traffic. Lots to see and do.

I needed a way to lower stress and I decided it was time to start riding. Gas prices helped out a lot also...

Take today for example - I have to go to a laboratory to oversee work, It's 60 miles one way - if I took the truck - that's 4 gallons of gas gone (one way!) I used 1.5 gallons on the scoot. Enjoyed my ride in also I must say...

Old 05-10-2007 | 01:43 PM
anubisss
|
Banned

I hope to be in an unuban setting like that one day as well Nick. Congrats and enjoy...

Old 05-10-2007 | 01:56 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member

I like the way the chicks look at me..............until they see my face and then start laughing at the old fart on the cool bike.[sm=lol.gif]

Old 05-10-2007 | 02:10 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member

Here is a different one- I work for a University, on this University every parking lot requires a vehicle hang tag and the tag that you get for your cage isrestricted to the onelot by yourwork place. The one they give you forbikes is not restricted to any lot so you can use it to park anywhere on campus. Kinda handy.

Old 05-10-2007 | 02:25 PM
zombie
Banned

Here in D.C., the HOV lanes are open to scoots. Cuts a commute into D.C. from about an hour to an hour and a half down to about 30 minutes.

But who needs conveniences...riding is just better.

Old 05-10-2007 | 03:46 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member

I like being able to use the HOV lanes here in VA Beach. Cuts the commute in half. Plus we have Motorcycle parking right up front!

Old 05-10-2007 | 04:12 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member

Nice eye opener in the mornings and easy to find parking space right outside the door at work.Plus ride home tends to relax me after work.Not to mention the difference in gas milage between my SUV and RK

Old 05-10-2007 | 04:30 PM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Use less gas, Harley is much more fun than driving a truck, use the HOV lane, smell the "roses" when you ride--feel like more a part of nature. When I'm driving the truck--it's the destination; when I'm riding, it's the journey. Makes my heart feel good to be on the bike--great stress reliever. Besides, it's sort of like riding a "steel pony" without the hay and H.S. to muck out of the stall,

Old 05-11-2007 | 12:05 AM
Drich57
Cruiser

I spend most of my day traveling from client to client and it's way more fun to take the bike - not to mention all the gas $$$ saved. I usually get up early, head to my favorite fancy restaurant (IHOP) for breakfast, and start the day in a great mood. Plus I have my laptop charger on the bike along with cellular broadband, so I can stop for lunch in a park or anywhere outdoors and keep up with the days workload. No cubicles for me!