General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jawbone Bluetooth headset for your cell phone

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:21 PM
sctusa
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jawbone Bluetooth headset for your cell phone

ORIGINAL: hughtwg

ORIGINAL: Drtbag
Don't judge me by what I ask. I didnt want any opinions from someone that cant walk and chew gum at the same time>>>> Think about it?
'm not going to explain any further. anybody have an opinion regarding my questions?
http://www.forbes.com/forbeslife/hea...out533489.html

-Hugh

[sm=violin.gif]

Old 05-15-2007, 04:09 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Your the one that's going to be talking on a cell and get in a wreck. Then you will be disabled[sm=violin.gif] and we'll have to support your sorry --- for the rest of your miserable life.
ORIGINAL: sctusa

Don't judge me by what I ask. I didnt want any opinions from someone that cant walk and chew gum at the same time>>>> Think about it?
'm not going to explain any further. anybody have an opinion regarding my questions?

-Hugh

[sm=violin.gif]

Old 05-15-2007, 08:51 AM
sctusa
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: SoftailBrian

Your the one that's going to be talking on a cell and get in a wreck. Then you will be disabled[sm=violin.gif] and we'll have to support your sorry --- for the rest of your miserable life.
ORIGINAL: sctusa

-Hugh

[sm=violin.gif]
[sm=signs006.gif][sm=smarty.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif]
AGAIN, The OP asked for any info on the Jawbone, not for some sermon on cell phone usage...

Old 05-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

What's the difference between talking on a hands-free cellphone and using the intercom or CB to chat while driving?
I would think that the cell phone is actually less distracting as you don't have to push any buttons to communicate...

Old 05-15-2007, 11:25 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I could be by myself on this one, but WTF wants to talk on their cell phone when you can ride a Harley ? If there is something I don't care to do is for some AH to bother me while I'm riding. If you need to talk on the phone find a place to pull over so you can ruin yer riding and chat. When I'm riding its me and my scoot and the old lady, NO PHONE ! I likes to hear my scoot going down the road and the music the pipes makes to my ears. Even if its listening to D&D's.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Raindog1217
Cruiser

Got the Scala Bluetooth Teamset. Works great helmet to helmet. It has the capability to answer the phone however I have only done that in my kitchen with the helmet on to test it out.

Old 05-15-2007, 04:00 PM
tizone
Tourer

I have a job where I need to have a cell phone with me and be reachable on it "just in case". So or me... the bluetooth thing would be very valuable. Im not sure that it would be very comfortable to have a cell phone smashed in my pocket on vibrate when I ride and pulling over and trying to get the thing out would be a royal pain.

I certainly wouldn't want it for chatting with friends & family while riding, but to be able to hear it ring, answer it while riding or pulled over, and get the message that I am needed back at work would be a great help. Without this kind of com possibility, I would be stuck sitting at work instead of out riding and enjoying myself.

So say what you want about people who need this kind of stuff, bash all you want... But not everyone has a straight 9-5 where they can dissappear after they leave work.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:03 PM
sctusa
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: cardboard

I could be by myself on this one, but WTF wants to talk on their cell phone when you can ride a Harley ? If there is something I don't care to do is for some AH to bother me while I'm riding. If you need to talk on the phone find a place to pull over so you can ruin yer riding and chat. When I'm riding its me and my scoot and the old lady, NO PHONE ! I likes to hear my scoot going down the road and the music the pipes makes to my ears. Even if its listening to D&D's.
Weelll Cardboard,,,,
Some of ushave jobs that have the responsibility of being on call 24/7...
And since there doesn't seem to be a law against someone with this type of job having a Harley, or any bike for that matter, and enjoying the wind in our face, we do what we must to maintain our reachability and still enjoy riding.
Now please correct me if we have failed to ask for permission from you or anyone else!
If I am cruising the roads I usually just give them a quick "I will call you right back", and then find a safe place to pull off and do so!
And since I retire at the end of June I will not have to be a slave to the phone...
There have been several ocassions when I seen a drunk cager weaving all over the road and just pushed 1 button and led the cops right to the drunk by following at a safe distance!!!
Who knows I just might have saved a bikers life by being able to do that and get the drunk off the road!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 03:52 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had the jawbone for a year now and can't sy anything bad about it.

Working in a high noise atmosphere like I do, people are still amazed when they learn I have been talking to them on a bluetooth headset.

As to being able to use it on the motorcycle, it just won't fit inside the helmet and I think the wind noise would overcome its noise-cancelling ability if you tried it with a half shell.