General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transform Your Harley-Davidson into a "Reverse Trike" with a Tilting Motor Works Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Hippie49
Elite HDF Member
Received 229 Likes on 147 Posts

The way that I thought it was supposed to be was that when the time came to hang it up then that is what you did.......if you wanted to.

If you didn't and wanted to stay in the wind then if it took three wheels, whether they were up front or in the back, it really shouldn't matter as long as we were doing what we wanted to do.

How can anyone of us put someone else down for them wanting to continue doing what they always have.

Everyone has different expectations but no one should be telling someone else how to live their life......especially the ones that haven't been here long enough to have lived one.

Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-2016, 02:10 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,437 Likes on 17,674 Posts

Hippie I hear what you're saying but I have a neighbor that's a prime example of somebody who should have gotten off the bike by now, he's a danger to himself and everyone around him when he get on it. Guys all over the street & road and he can't do the speed limit, watching him go up the street is painful he's going to sideswipe a parked car just a matter of when not if.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:55 PM
Hippie49
Elite HDF Member
Received 229 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Hippie I hear what you're saying but I have a neighbor that's a prime example of somebody who should have gotten off the bike by now, he's a danger to himself and everyone around him when he get on it. Guys all over the street & road and he can't do the speed limit, watching him go up the street is painful he's going to sideswipe a parked car just a matter of when not if.

.....and I hear what you are saying and I agree with you on that.

Whenever a person becomes a danger to themselves or anyone else then it time to hit the rocking chair, but what I talking about is the person that wants to extend their time in the wind and all it takes is maybe a lighter motorcycle or one that has three wheels on it and with that they are perfectly fine.

I'm 66 and both of my bike are Dynas and really haven't given the aforementioned much of a thought because I feel like I'm good for several more years considering the quality of health that I am enjoying right now and as a matter of fact I'm looking for an Evo that turns me on to add to what I already have but I'm in no hurry.

Yes, there are many that needs to be off the street but there are many that just needs some slight help to keep on keepin' on and these are the ones I'm talking about.

Happy New Year and be safe.

Old 01-01-2016, 04:43 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,437 Likes on 17,674 Posts

I don't look at it as an age matter but about capability, I know 30 somethings that need to bitch slapped for getting on a bike. Problem lies with our male ego's, older we get the harder we're gonna push the edge because anything less is admitting we're in the twilight and the glory days are long behind. Why I'm tickled silly I ran myself ragged when I was young enough to enjoy it, I have no issue taking it easy nowadays.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:58 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Not a fan of the look but the idea works. When my time comes to add some stability I would love to grab a Servi Car. Why not cruise a classic? If I could swing one now I wouldn't need a car, run three in the shitty weather and two any other time.

Old 01-02-2016, 12:33 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,542 Likes on 2,498 Posts

Oish! Pretty gay if you ask me.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:06 AM
mcfling
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not a fan of 3 wheelers... but that is because I am able to ride with 2 wheels for now. I can see the day where that could change... but not for a long while. The advantage of this is that you still have a Harley AND it leans. Pretty cool if you ask me. I also like the shape of the nose... kinda indy car like from the early 50's.

Old 01-05-2016, 07:05 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,202 Likes on 2,685 Posts

Better than a Prius, just sayin'!!!

Old 03-07-2016, 02:51 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Jay Leno just did a "garage" show on this kit.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/07/j...n-trike-video/

The following users liked this post:
cajunlowrider (05-19-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Cozz
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,954 Likes on 1,891 Posts
Default Say what you will

But these things are DAMN fun

Attached Thumbnails Transform Your Harley-Davidson into a "Reverse Trike" with a Tilting Motor Works Kit-image.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Transform Your Harley-Davidson into a "Reverse Trike" with a Tilting Motor Works Kit