General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transform Your Harley-Davidson into a "Reverse Trike" with a Tilting Motor Works Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 08:46 AM
RedOregon
Tourer

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

I was behind a guy riding one of these (they've been doing jap conversions for a while) on my way back from Sturgis this year. He was skittering back and forth across the lane, was stuck behind him for probably 20-30 miles. Pulled over to hit the can at a gas station, and he pulled over too to fill up.

Walked up and checked it out... asked him how he liked it. "Oh, it's great, stable as hell!" Really now... told him about watching him skitter back and forth for the past couple dozen miles, he denied it all, said he was rock steady in the lane. Yeah, ok, buddy, you have fun with that. Dunno if the Harley version is any better, to be fair.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom84FXST
Tri Glides start at $33,499...and they are selling a ton of them...this thing is a lot more fun to ride than a rear wheel trike...I bet they will sell plenty.
Yep...

Old 12-29-2015, 11:20 PM
threedeuce5
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Now you get to buy three overpriced motorcycle tires!

In all seriousness though I like this look much better than the standard trike, but when it comes time that I need a trike to keep riding I suppose I'll just be done with riding. I don't see the appeal, but to each his own.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:29 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I see a lot of Harley trikes around this area. Recently I was at one of the local dealers and they had nine new trikes on the floor and said they would all be gone within thirty days.

My time is coming when I may need to quit riding or get some help like a trike but I have been thinking about a hack. Better for my dog.

These "reverse trikes" look to be a much better handling trike than the regular ones. You youngsters can say you will quit when you can't handle two wheels but at 78 years young I am not ready to throw in the towel on being in the wind.

The following users liked this post:
Alienwulf (03-08-2016)
Old 12-30-2015, 07:14 AM
jc15025
Club Member

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

When the day comes this is the route I'm going. I like the generation I better!

http://www.landingear.com/

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
I see a lot of Harley trikes around this area. Recently I was at one of the local dealers and they had nine new trikes on the floor and said they would all be gone within thirty days.

My time is coming when I may need to quit riding or get some help like a trike but I have been thinking about a hack. Better for my dog.

These "reverse trikes" look to be a much better handling trike than the regular ones. You youngsters can say you will quit when you can't handle two wheels but at 78 years young I am not ready to throw in the towel on being in the wind.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:46 AM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,675 Likes on 1,268 Posts

Originally Posted by jc15025
When the day comes this is the route I'm going. I like the generation I better!

http://www.landingear.com/
I like that to . And it don't need a front end alinement at 20,000 miles .

Old 12-30-2015, 07:50 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,165 Likes on 6,705 Posts

Another pussyfication of a perfectly good motorcycle.

Old 12-30-2015, 10:56 AM
Steady Eddy
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, rant on all you "when I can't ride two wheels, I'll quit riding" guys. Then you can buy a Miata and join the local senior bingo challenge. I had to convert my Road King cause I couldn't ride it anymore. Medical challenges that I won't go into. But I'll keep riding till I fall off of it. I've been riding since '63, and I've good a lot of country left to see.

The following users liked this post:
Alienwulf (03-08-2016)
Old 12-30-2015, 11:38 AM
RedOregon
Tourer

Received 126 Likes on 82 Posts

I thought I was done riding when my knee lost an argument with a friggin left turner... 12 operations later and a case of MRSA that came very close to killing me, my leg was in no shape to hold up several hundred pounds of iron horse, especially on rough intersections, gravel in the road, what have you. Sold the 'glide, thought it was the end of over 35 years riding.

Five years later, along came the Freewheeler, a wife who understood me more than I did myself, and I now have my second wind. Think twice when you see someone on a trike, they might well have been on bikes for a long long time, and trikes help keep the sanity just as well as bikes...

Old 12-30-2015, 12:58 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,447 Likes on 2,777 Posts

Three wheels are better than four.

Keep it in the Wind fellas!!!!

Quick Reply: Transform Your Harley-Davidson into a "Reverse Trike" with a Tilting Motor Works Kit