General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drag pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Beefcake
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: drag pipes?

Drag pipes are crap. I yanked mine off as soon as I bought the scooter. They were obnoxiously loud and did nothing for performance.

Are you interested in looks or performance? For me, it's all about performance. Looks are secondary. I saved my money and bought a set of 2-1 Thunderheaders. That bumped my HP at least 10 ponies. I went with the Thunderheaders since they still sound mean as hell as higher RPM's and because they offer the best performance.

Old 09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
TxMoores
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: drag pipes?

ORIGINAL: Beefcake
Drag pipes are crap. I yanked mine off as soon as I bought the scooter. They were obnoxiously loud and did nothing for performance.
Are you interested in looks or performance? For me, it's all about performance. Looks are secondary. I saved my money and bought a set of 2-1 Thunderheaders. That bumped my HP at least 10 ponies. I went with the Thunderheaders since they still sound mean as hell as higher RPM's and because they offer the best performance.

Beefcake,
Any type of exhaust can be crap if they are not properly setup. V&H, Rhineharts, Santee, etc. are a good quality exhaust which look, sound and perform great, if the time is taken to setup the bike. Sure, mine may be a little louder than SEI's, but they don't have the harshness of straight pipes and I just love the look on my friend's faces with their FI twinkie phase 1's when I leave 'em behind with my little, old EVO!!!!