General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
I bought my bike with cash.
59.13%
I made payments but now own it.
14.78%
I am still making payments for the rest of eternity.
26.09%
Voters: 1238. You may not vote on this poll

The "I own my bike outright" poll...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 02:50 AM
Boxjoint
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The "I own my bike outright" poll...

If I Had to pay cash for a bike I would not be on a Harley. Even if I had the 14g's sitting in the bank. My case I pu $2700 down, payments are 215 a month. I try to send 300 or more.

Old 05-09-2007, 03:12 AM
nastyHD
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paid cash for both [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-09-2007, 03:13 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

paid someome to steel mine for me!cash!

Old 05-09-2007, 03:56 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Owned and paid for with no finance.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:09 AM
MountainCat
Cruiser

All though I kliked the paid cash button in the poll I still don't have my bike. Recieved some less than reassuring news today from the dealer. I don't think I am prepared to wait another 3 weeks for delivery. Did the deposit for a lowrider and have delivery April 28th. Been dealy 2weeks already and today they say another 3. Starting to think they wanna sell financed bikes instead of the cash deals

MC

Old 05-09-2007, 04:16 AM
Tom62
6th Gear

Except for the turd cars or bikes I bought over the years cheap,always finance,still makin payments. I know most would call me stupid for doin it but I bought the current bike on a 7 year loan.Had price of bike,plus ESC,Gap insurance and wheel and tire coverage,oh well.
Wanted to sell custom before I bought this.Now when I sell the custom,will use the extra to pay off car.Have never ever bought anything new and paid it off,the car will be a first. I tihnk I am finally getting tired of payments.......after25 years,took me long enough .

Old 05-09-2007, 04:52 AM
sleepy127
Advanced

Mine is financed. Ever heard of an impulse buy? You have? I am the king of impulse buying. It is a disease that I am not sure there is a cure for. My story begins like this, sitting in the desert in 2003 and 2004 dreaming about leaving Iraq and going home and trying to find a basket case to build. I always thought that building my first Harley would be the right thing to do so I get back in April and start searching but just can't seem to find the right bike plus heck I wasn't sure where to look. I find out in May that I am getting promoted on June 1st and the wife tells me that we should go to the Dealership and get me one. Now I was visiting the dealer on a regular basis trying to get a feel for what I wanted and never really got a warm fuzzy about the bikes that I saw. Now don't get me wrong, there was some nice bikes just none that suited me and my taste at the time. Lo and behold I walk into the dealership and there it was, the third in a line of 7 bikes and I knew that was the one I wanted. I looked around some more and even started to leave when I was told the price but in the end I took it home. Pikes Peak HD saw me coming and set that bike out for bait. If I would have waited 2 weeks I would have been able to pick up the basket case of my dreams, cant remember exactly what it was now but I think it was a 40's with everything minus wiring and the frame was powdercoated and the tins were ready for paint and they only wanted $3500. The money was gone but I did have a new wide glide sitting on the backyard that if I had only waited I could of had a much older bike that I had built myself. Heck even if I didn't get the basket case I could have got my bike for around $5000 cheaper if I would have waited till July when I got to Belgium and ordered it through the Military exchange. As it is I will be paying on my bike for 3 more years at 6% interest and the only hope I have of paying it off early is by going back to the desert and putting all of the extra earnings and savings from paying no taxes towards the bike.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:56 AM
mwdguy
Cruiser

Paid cash. I pay for any toys in cash. If the oil patch crashes I don't want to have to have any other payments besides bills and mortgage

Old 05-09-2007, 07:45 AM
scttgr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with 2 girls in college, and me paying for that with one at a private engineering school and the other at a state school, I decided to finance mine in may 05. It was easier to budget and plan on the monthly expense items. But that being said, I have already paid it off, and have the title free and clear. We decided that the 5th year at the engineering school would be a "shared expense" with the daughter who did not get done in 4 yrs...slightly more than 1 term short due to her "poor" decisions/choices so she is sharing the extra burden--just like I had to do to get my degree years ago.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:35 AM
dhubley
Cruiser

I got the title in April

Quick Reply: The "I own my bike outright" poll...