General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ-Up Center Stand

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 03:18 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 241 Posts
Default EZ-Up Center Stand

A while back I saw a post about center stands and the EZ-Up stand seemed to be pretty popular. I decided I could use one for various reasons so decided to order one. Checking around for the best price (being the cheapskate that I am) I found that Wheeldock, the manufacturer of the stand, had them on sale for $269 with free shipping so I ordered from them. Using their fitment guide I ordered the one that fit the 2010 FLHXSE. When I got it, it seemed too short. The bike wasn't stable and it would even lean a little so that one foot of the stand wasn't even touching the ground. I called Wheeldock and was immediately put through to Jeff Yarby, the General Manager. He asked if the bike was stock and I told him it was except for the rear shocks. I putt progressive 944's on and they ride (supposedly) at the same height as the stock shocks. He had me measure the ride height of the shocks and, even though Progressive says they ride at 12" they were actually 12.5". Jeff gave me an RMA # and had me return the original one, even though it had been mounted on the bike, and he sent me a new one that is 1/4" longer. The new one works great. Took about 5 minutes to install, bike goes up on it easily and is quite stable. At the same time, I can just climb on the bike, start it up and drive off the stand.

This was a long way to get to the main reason for this post. I ordered the wrong stand because my bike had been modified and I didn't check the ride height before ordering. They shipped the original stand for free. I returned it and they shipped the replacement for free. I called Jeff and told him I should pay for the shipping of the first stand due to my error. He refused to let me pay saying "stuff happens' sometimes, don't worry about it. This is the kind of Company I really like to do business with. Very responsive with great customer service.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:01 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 667 Likes on 414 Posts

Good story. It's nice to find vendors who stand behind their product.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:08 PM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

I totally agree about the outstanding customer service by EZ-Up. I stumbled across them at the 2015 Americade Event in Lake George, NY. Not only did I get the stand for my '14 Ultra at the "show price", they installed it for free and stored the bike all day at their vendor site while I enjoyed the rest of the show. Awesome!

Old 12-08-2015, 06:59 PM
farmboy555
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 96 Posts

It was the first mod I did to my Ultra, works great

Old 12-08-2015, 08:52 PM
h-d wrencher
Stellar HDF Member
Received 858 Likes on 328 Posts

I had one and sold it after a short time. Stupid Stupid Stupid. Them are nice.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:58 PM
SG_Jim
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The best advertising is word of mouth. Good customer service is hard to come by.

Old 12-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Offroadmaniac
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love my EZ-up as well. It was a must for me since my wife is a paraplegic and she wanted nothing to do with me getting her off and on when it was leaning on the side stand. A bit of advice I will give though is always park in first gear.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:36 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadmaniac
Love my EZ-up as well. It was a must for me since my wife is a paraplegic and she wanted nothing to do with me getting her off and on when it was leaning on the side stand. A bit of advice I will give though is always park in first gear.
Did we learn this lesson by trial & error?

Old 12-10-2015, 04:17 PM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I got one like you sent back from them several years ago at a good price. It is a very useful mod. takes up much less room in garage and nice for cleaning and working on the bike

Old 12-10-2015, 09:48 PM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Ok, so I'll be the nay sayer on this one. I have the easy up as well but I took it off the bike. It does help save some room in the garage during the winter, but it doesn't allow the wheels to leave the ground to avoid flat spots, so I just jack it up. My wife liked it a lot because it was easy for her to get on the bike and I could just ride off. What really bugged me most about it was that I seemed to scrape it a lot leaning into the curves and as solid as that thing is, I always worried about being pole vaulted off the bike. But agree with everything you guys said about the company. They are top notch

Quick Reply: EZ-Up Center Stand