General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Security System Won't Arm

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Thorns
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Security System Won't Arm

2007 FLHR. Bike didn't come with H-D security system so I bought the new 07 setup, and installed it myself. Installation of the parts was easy, justs plugs in. Programing (marrying) the TSST module went OK, I did the on/off, wait for the security light to go off (about 30 minutes total). Bike started and ran, and I cleared the code P1009 code. Everything fine... So, I start the bike, then shut it off, and wait for the little red light to start flashing, but nope...the system won't "arm". It is suppose to arm within 5 seconds after the ignition is shut off. Any H-D guru's out there? Do you have to do something with the FOB?? Why won't it arm?

Thorns

Old 05-06-2007, 01:51 AM
BrianDamage
Cruiser
Default RE: 07 Security System Won't Arm

you have to assign the fobs to the bike. not sure if the manual tells you how to or not

Old 05-06-2007, 10:51 AM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thorns:

You'll need to make a trip to the Dealer:

[align=left]Set-Up and Pre-Delivery Process[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]During Set-Up, the technician will need to use Digital Technician to assign the Hands Free[/align][align=left]Fobs. The new bar code reader should be used to enter the 24 character number from the[/align][align=left]bar code on the fob. Once assigned, the fobs should be tested immediately using Digital[/align][align=left]Technician. The fobs have to be assigned and the PIN must be assigned to enable the[/align][align=left]system. It doesn’t matter what order this is done in. Since the system is self-arming, it is[/align][align=left]absolutely important that the customer has the PIN and knows what to do (keep card) in the[/align][align=left]event that the fob is lost or misplaced.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Tech Tip: Save the sheet that is attached to the carton when vehicle is uncrated and scan in[/align][align=left]the bar code to fill in the VIN when starting the process with Digital Technician.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left][/align]

Old 05-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Thorns
Cruiser

Thanks WVRDKING, that's what I needed to be confirmed. A trip to the dealer...ugh!

Thorns

Old 05-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Thorns
Cruiser

Just like WVRDKING said....Ok, just got back from dealer. Newer 2007 FOB's have to be programmed with MoCo's "digital technician tech tool" (H-D software and laptop), so TSSM will recognize the FOB. You can install the security TSSM, and marry it to your ECM by using the ignition "on-off, on-off, on-off", sequence method, with allows you to ride the bike, but the FOB has to be programmed with H-D's laptop, or it won't arm the alarm. Took dealer 10 minutes...no charge.

Thorns