General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

something to prove???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007 | 01:10 AM
LAZYBOY
|
Tourer
Default something to prove???

i'm an older rider (51), but i'm not a slow poke. i average about 5 over the speed limit most of the time. i get a wild hair and like to run around 100 or so at least oncea ride. keeps me young.so going fast is nobig deal. anyway, i ride a fair amount and stuff happens. i takeit instride. something that is starting to bug meis the young kids on high performance bikes. basically,i came up on a car going about 60 in a70 on a two lane blacktop. easy, safe pass. i saw the rocket on the yellow line behind be and knew he would come with me when i passed. we pass with him about a foot off my rear tire, his bike is screaming. i had pushed it up to about 80because it was clear ahead and the pipes sound good.as i cut back into my lane he decides to blow by me on the leftsharing my lane.either his foot or peg hitmy saddlebag. it rattled him more than me. i commute in dallas and about once a week this type thing happens for no reason. uninvited lane sharing. it's not illegal but it's not right. i will race ifthe situation is right. but, it's only a race if both riders are racing. i don't race among innocent drivers. sorry to rant, just getting crotchety in my old age. i might have to go on some metric forums and rant some more

Old 05-06-2007 | 01:15 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: something to prove???

He's just proving he's a poster child for a living abortion

Old 05-06-2007 | 03:14 AM
dogtownmax
Road Master

As George Carlin put it, "Everyone going slower than me is an idiot, everyone going faster is a maniac".

when you ride for a while, you get used to watching your six. eventually you realize that instead of wasting time on bashing "metrics" the real danger comes from vehicles with four wheels.

so yeah, you got buzzed by someone who wanted to do more than 5 mph over the limit. if you go to the "metric forums" you will look like a whiner and you will be ranting at people who have no idea who you are talking about. just like if someone came here an ranted about drunk harley riders who were all over the road. its not like everyone here is going to say "oh yeah, thats old whats his name. we'lll talk to him bout that.."

Old 05-06-2007 | 04:11 AM
WaterBuffalo
Cruiser

well, in MN at least, uninvited lane sharing is illegal. you have a right to the whole lane if you want it.

Old 05-06-2007 | 05:08 AM
timdow
Tourer

Sounds like the guy on the other bike has a bad case of the dumba$$. Ah well, we all do stupid $hit once in a while...

Old 05-06-2007 | 05:34 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dogtownmax

As George Carlin put it, "Everyone going slower than me is an idiot, everyone going faster is a maniac".

when you ride for a while, you get used to watching your six. eventually you realize that instead of wasting time on bashing "metrics" the real danger comes from vehicles with four wheels.

so yeah, you got buzzed by someone who wanted to do more than 5 mph over the limit. if you go to the "metric forums" you will look like a whiner and you will be ranting at people who have no idea who you are talking about. just like if someone came here an ranted about drunk harley riders who were all over the road. its not like everyone here is going to say "oh yeah, thats old whats his name. we'lll talk to him bout that.."

Read my quote! YeaI stole it but that about says it all!

Old 05-06-2007 | 09:01 AM
YUCK
Road Warrior

Respect,,,they should make handguns legal on harleys....glad he didn't take u down....

Old 05-06-2007 | 09:42 AM
Roses
Road Captain

Omnipotence...that is the feeling these guys get on their overpowered recklessycles. Unfortuately it is an illusion only.

Old 05-06-2007 | 10:40 AM
Fearless1
Tourer

YUCK
Handguns are legal on a Harley here in AZ!!!
And you can ride with them all year long!!

Old 05-06-2007 | 10:54 AM
LAZYBOY
|
Tourer

yep i was whining. i should watch my 6 more. that's what i came away with anyway. i really don't mind sharing my lane if i know the rider. i just don't feel comfortable making high speed moves in traffic with a stranger close by. too un predictable. i will keep my rants to a minimum.now to see if i can ride today without getting rained on.
ride safe

Quick Reply: something to prove???