General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Third problem with Kuryakyn parts.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:08 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Default RE: Third problem with Kuryakyn parts.

ORIGINAL: celtlion

Wow, I'm suprised at that, Kuryakyn still manufactures their own parts here in the US..right? - I couldn't imagine a company like them farming crap out to the Chinese..
I think their products are made in Korea.Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:15 AM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

Yuck....that is pretty chitty! I may reconsider before buying a set for my other Electra Glide.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: monkyman

ORIGINAL: EVOrider

Either people just want to bitch about something or in fact their quality really has gone down hill.
Well, I took this pic this mourning, so I guess that makes you MY bitch.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1358/98B6AAB3B0114A34A90A8E942F57D949.jpg[/IMG]
Hey that looks familiar. It was funny when mine went I was riding with hubby...he couldn't figure out why I wasn't keeping up on the new bike. then there is me trying to flag him down and having to squeeze as har as I could to turn the throttle....would have had no place to put it if I took it off at the time.

I just put some rubber bands around the stalk for grip then took it to the dealer. I've heard hair spray works too but i haven't tried it...

Like I said I love then but you would think they could glue them properly.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problems Monkyman. I've had my Iso Grips on for about 5,000 miles and I haven't had any problems...............yet! [:@]

Old 05-06-2007, 11:31 PM
xmeter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had numerous problems with Kury parts. Their customer service is almost non-existent.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:40 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to that I have a problem with their chrome, but if some do, OK, I'll conceed. However, glue coming off or not holding? Who did the install, maybe they should be the blame. To glue the grips on is used by all people that manufacture the product. That only leaves the installer or the glue. Think about it. I installed my grips and the glue patten looks nothing like the picks. If mine come off, I'm not looking for Kuryakyan but the glue or my pattern of application. Give me time I might have to eat feathers. (crow)

Old 05-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Rick 547
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm correct in saying this, Kuryakyan sold out to someone a few years ago. It could be that they are taking a cheeper route in manufacturing their products now. I have not purchased anyting from them for quite a few years but what I did purchas in the past was of good quality. In fact at one time I think they were making parts for the mother company.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Kinda why I've just stuck with genuine Harley stuff, it's not cheap but of the items I've bought so farthey seem to be of top quality, fit well, etc.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 AM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So you are saying their parts are mfg'd in Korea..are you sure about this?

ORIGINAL: 1FLTRI4ME

ORIGINAL: celtlion

Wow, I'm suprised at that, Kuryakyn still manufactures their own parts here in the US..right? - I couldn't imagine a company like them farming crap out to the Chinese..
I think their products are made in Korea.Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:07 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: bay13

Not to that I have a problem with their chrome, but if some do, OK, I'll conceed. However, glue coming off or not holding? Who did the install, maybe they should be the blame. To glue the grips on is used by all people that manufacture the product. That only leaves the installer or the glue. Think about it. I installed my grips and the glue patten looks nothing like the picks. If mine come off, I'm not looking for Kuryakyan but the glue or my pattern of application. Give me time I might have to eat feathers. (crow)
Yeah, it wasn't MY pattern of application, the throttle side came pre-glued. I glued the clutch side and that, so far, is fine. I went out and bought some Scotts Grip Stick for 2.50. I'll clean up the sleave and grip and try that when it's warm out. Only about 38 deg right now.

Quick Reply: Third problem with Kuryakyn parts.