General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Call for Help in the Memphis area

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 12:07 AM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Call for Help in the Memphis area

Originally posted by shamrock_missy:

ORIGINAL: shamrock_missy

Hambone has asked me to help witha fundraiser for a friend in the Memphis area. [/align][/align]If you ride in the area, you should be familar with Jake's Outposton Hwy 51 at the Tipton/Shelby County line. Long story, short:Mr. Lou that works there is a heart transplant patient. His medication per month is very expensive and also verycritical to keep him alive. He draws disability; but is limited to how much he can work and earn. He is a really outgoing person and very helpful to all the bikers in the area.Jakes' has always been willing to help support and sponsor others, now is our chance to help one of their own!!! [/align][/align]With state TENNCare program going belly up; Mr. Lou has lost his insurance coverage. Medicare had taken over but he needs $2800 within the month to get his coverage caught upso he maycontinue to receive his life saving medication. He has 1 month supply left.[/align][/align]Weare helping with a bike and car wash at Jake's Outpostnext Saturday morning (May 12)starting at 8:30 am - until??[/align][/align]I may even show up wearing a bikini and chaps if you need an incentive to participate... (Perhaps that's a warning too! Could be a scary sight!!! .... [8D])[/align][/align]Hambone has more of the specifics, if youhavequestions please "pm" him. [/align]We are looking for other fundraising ideas so please share those as well![/align][/align]Your support will be greatly appreciated! I hope so to see some of you there![/align]
Original Thread: https://www.hdforums.com/m_1592898/tm.htm