General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Transformation Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 01:09 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Harley Transformation Jacket

Has anybody tried one of these? My leathers are getting pretty warm and I'm looking for some summer riding gear.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

Old 05-04-2007, 02:10 PM
gpershall
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Harley Transformation Jacket

Just bought them for myself and wife a few weeks ago. So far I really like the jacket. I have ridden it in temps from upper 40's to upper 70's so far. It was very comfortable at these temps with the outer jacket zipped onand just a shirt underneath. I have ridden a few times with the outer jacket zipped off and the jacket felt as cool as my Harley all mesh jacket. Going to take a 300 mile trip this weekend so will have more feedback after the trip. The only complaint I have is probably just an issue with me and my body. The XL was too big and the L feels just a little tight in the shoulders. Mainly when standing. When riding the jacket feels just right. I have two leather Harley jackets and this certainly won't replace them but for an all around, especially for commuting or touring, the jacket seems great.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:19 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the feedback. We've both got leather jackets too but we nearly cooked last weekend when it was 85 although it felt ok with the vents open on the highway. It gets over 100 here in the summers so we can't wear the leathers much longer.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:35 PM
ride99fxd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ridden in high 80's with the outer zipped off. It gets a little warm when stopped, but when moving you get good airflow through it. Like it so far.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:53 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Nice jacket

Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 PM
NYNickET
Road Captain

On my lunch hour I went to the Harley apparel place here in the city just to look at this jacket specifically. They had 3 different designs to choose from. All were pretty well made.

I like the versatility in this jacket.

BTW I go to the dealer to look and try on then shop online and get my best price.

Peace –N.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:04 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member

I looked at them at lunch as well. I picked up a couple for my wife and me. Nice.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Bluerose

I have last years Switchback Jacket I absolutely love it. Not to long after I picked it up I rode through the desert. It was 60 when I left and 85 + in the desert...Hubby was soooo jealous when I stripped the bottom off my jacket and he had to keep riding with his Full FXRG. I also wore it last week 85 degrees inland…put the outer shell on by the beach…brrrr!

I like that I still have all of the armor but almost feel like I’m wearing a t-shirt. Primo wore one in the rain a few weeks ago and said it did fine there too.

I usually wear my leather until the weather is consistently over 60 then I switch to that jacket. I bought a wind stopper jacket which is also awesome because it is thin enough to wear under both my jackets when the weather is nippy but not requiring a full inner liner or more then the thin waterproof liner that came with the switchback.

I was considering changing up for the white and black screaming eagle one because I ride a white/blue/black bike. I’m also planning a white helmet…all for visibility. The only thing is the white screaming eagle one removes the arms and a small line around the chest and back vs. the full torso removal I have now. Haven’t decided if I want to spend the $$ for white though [&:]

Old 05-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Jular2
Road Captain

I have the Switchback Jacket--pretty neat I think.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:31 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did just pick up this jacket and on the morning ride to work it was about 45 and the ride home was about 65....very comfortable. Hasn't been in the 70's or warmer here yet.

Just wanted something to pack in the saddle bags on the longer ride

Quick Reply: Harley Transformation Jacket