General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting first harley need a cool leather jacket now.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:36 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: getting first harley need a cool leather jacket now.

I vote for Schott NYC. I wear the 141 model. They are expensive, but worth it. I have had mine for 7 years and counting.
http://www.schottnyc.com/motorcycle_jackets.cfm

Old 05-04-2007, 10:15 PM
yoopermjm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count me in as voting for Fox Creek. I looked a LONG time, tried on all the HD jackets (still can't believe the FXRG has no metal zipper), and then on the advice of many in this forum, took the plunge and ordered a Fox Creek. The first one I got seemed okay, just a bit on the large side. I called and talked to a rep and she shipped me another a size smaller, no problem, told me to ship back the one that didn't fit as well. The second one fits like a glove and I LOVE it. I've never seen better leather on any jacket. Metal zips, vents, padding on elbows, shoulders and kidneys, and beautiful thick, soft leather. Best leather jacket I've ever slipped on. I'm thrilled with it and by the way, thanks to everyone on this forum who recommended Fox Creek. I'm a believer--

yooper

Old 05-04-2007, 10:37 PM
springerGT
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me too.

GT

Old 05-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

FoxCreek Leather.. I tried on HD and could not find the fit, checked FoxCreek on-line and then called them with all kinds of questions. I ordered on a Monday afternoon and had the jacket and a pair of chaps by Wednesday. The leather is butter soft and all the brass hardware is top quality. The chaps fit like they were custom cut. Check them out and then call. My jacket and chaps were less money than HD and MADE IN AMERICA... you know that country just a ways away from Pakistan and China. Good luck.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:22 AM
bobbyd3
Tourer

So if I order one from fox creek, should I just measure my chest then get the corresponding size in a tall, or do I need to talk to a customer service person and tell them more measurements.

Id hate to have some custom tailored jacket made and then not like the look of it and be stuck with it.

Anyone own the classic motorcycle jacket I from fox creek? if so how do you like it.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:45 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When you jackit make sure you bring a hankey to clean up the mess you leave on ur bike

Old 05-05-2007, 01:25 PM
2wheeldreamer
Tourer

ORIGINAL: bobbyd3

So if I order one from fox creek, should I just measure my chest then get the corresponding size in a tall, or do I need to talk to a customer service person and tell them more measurements.

Id hate to have some custom tailored jacket made and then not like the look of it and be stuck with it.

Anyone own the classic motorcycle jacket I from fox creek? if so how do you like it.
Go to their website and you will see the sizing information you will need. If you have any questions please give them a call. I have the classic II which is the same jacket without the belt and front outside pocket. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. You will not be disappointed.