General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Do You Tell Somebody NICELY That You Don't Want To Ride With Them

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 11:07 PM
HeadoftheBeast
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 2807
send them the link to this thread
/thread

That ought to do the trick

Old 09-16-2015, 12:53 AM
Kilokato
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MacTarnahan
Meet with them, get on your bike look right at them and say "Last one there buys the beer!" Then take off like a bat outta hell.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:04 AM
13dino
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,185 Posts

The truth. You travel fast and hard, for them to enjoy and take their time and you'll meet up them there later to enjoy the sights.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:27 AM
peg20
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Roll up slowly on lights that have been on green for a while, then blast through just before it changes to red. Ride like you stole it to make sure you lose them before they get through on the next green. Later tell them you doubled-back to try and find them, and waited 20 minutes but they must have pulled off a different way, so you went on ahead anyway.

Old 09-16-2015, 05:49 AM
GroovusMagnus
Road Captain
Received 197 Likes on 95 Posts

I can't ride with you today. I'm building a time machine, so I can go back and push your still-pregnant mother down an elevator shaft.

GM

Old 09-16-2015, 10:50 AM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Wow... 13 pages. I'm in.

If they ride too slow, there is no law that says you need to ride with them. You can either pass on the invite; or accept it and ride at your own pace, meeting up at predetermined locations at beer-thirty. If they have a problem with you riding ahead, then guess what... You won't get invited again. It ain't that complicated.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:11 AM
Ray on the drums
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,137 Likes on 513 Posts

I'll say it again...The short truth is always best.

"I love riding fast and aggressive and I would
never ask you to do that with me! I love ya man!"

Old 09-16-2015, 11:16 AM
Ray on the drums
Stellar HDF Member

Oh and then give them a big solid biker hug!
You now ditched them and you're in their will!

Old 09-16-2015, 11:35 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
I'm talking about the situation where there's a trip coming up (like Daytona) and you'd really rather not ride up with a slowpoke. You just know they are going to slow you down, either because they ride below the speed limit, they like to stop too often and for too long, or because they are a crappy rider or a new rider.

It's difficult to say no when you're going to the same hotel. I had the misfortune of riding to and from Daytona a few years back with the slowest guy on the planet. 20-25mph below whatever the posted speed limit, he nearly got us killed on I-95 going on the on ramp at 50 and nearly running us into a truck. I stayed with him and his friend for about 20 miles, stuck behind semis, then I couldn't take it any longer and rode home alone.

So I just need a nice way to say I'd rather ride alone or with a couple others that ride similar to me.
Who the hell in this day and age ride 25mph - UNDER the speed limit? Is he a complete moron? So if riding through town with a 30mph speed limit, you're telling us he only rides at 5 mph?? Something's not right here.

If it was me, I'd tell him straight up "You ride too damn slow, I don't want to ride with you, you're dangerous".

I'm even more surprised that ANYONE will ride with him.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:40 AM
Ray on the drums
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
Who the hell in this day and age ride 25mph - UNDER the speed limit? Is he a complete moron? So if riding through town with a 30mph speed limit, you're telling us he only rides at 5 mph?? Something's not right here.

If it was me, I'd tell him straight up "You ride too damn slow, I don't want to ride with you, you're dangerous".

I'm even more surprised that ANYONE will ride with him.
Yeah you might try and see about getting them to trade their bike for a fishing boat.

Quick Reply: How Do You Tell Somebody NICELY That You Don't Want To Ride With Them