General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rx Glasses and Goggles

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rx Glasses and Goggles

I went to Walmart got wrap arounds with foam, have had no complaints

Old 02-07-2008, 03:41 AM
trmac
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts

Couldn't find goggles that fit comfortably over my glasses but found that HD makes a face shield for half helmets. works great. It's universal and as long as the helmet has snaps or screws it should fit.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:37 AM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

I have a pair of Clics. They have a magnet and join on the nose bridge. Ad says they are good to 130 mph. I have only had them to about 95 so far. They have prescriptionpolycarbonate transition lenses that change in different light conditions, so you don't need another pair. They were expensive but they are so comfortable that you can wear them comfortably all day, and they are vented to prevent fog up. I had a pair of goggles that fit over my RX glasses. Once in awhile, I would put all my headgear on and the weight of my helment and goggles would come to bear on my glasses nose pads. They would dig into my nose so bad I would have to pull over take everything off and try to readjust while adding the layers. Too much of a pain. The clics did the trick.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Yeah baby Wally World way to go,got the pair with the foam,they are great,on a hot day walking around just pull a little away from face no problems riding either and cheap,no mor goggles or fit overs for me!!

Old 02-08-2008, 06:42 AM
VTwinJaxFL
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay, screw the interchangeable lenses with an RX prescription. I found that Len's Crafters will make lenses for just about anything you have. I had a pair of Wiley-X JP2 and a pair of Panoptx Dash with transtional lenses, I took them in to Len's Crafters and they made me a clear set for the Panoptx Dash, with polycarbonate lenses, added the anti-glare treatment and they work great at night, the Wiley-X glasses I had a lens made with polycarbonate lenses, mirrored and polarized. They are going to be great in the sun, so with these two pairs that I already had, I just had to pay for the lenses and the insurance through work paid for about 50% of it, I was able to get them both done for under $200. I know it sounds like a lot, but if I had to get a new pair of frames I would really be hurting. I can see 20/15 with this new prescription, so I should be good to go for a few years at least.

ride safe

Old 02-08-2008, 10:04 AM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 241 Posts

ORIGINAL: HD Bones

Guard Dog Evaders are the best I've tried. Keep them in the saddle bag. One pair clear and one pair shadded. Though they do restrict your peripheral vision.

http://www.guard-dogs.com/shop/produ...products_id=66
You can get Guard Dogsin several sizes, depending on the size of your RX glasses. I have the Commander I. They work great, don't fog and come with interchangable lenses.