General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever stayed at Heritage Inn Springdale for BBBQ rally?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 05:30 PM
n2gzus
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Anyone ever stayed at Heritage Inn Springdale for BBBQ rally?

All the hotels are either booked up for the rally or are way out of my league price wise. Got online last night to see if anything had changed since last month and was lucky (or unlucky) enough to find a room at a place called Heritage Inn Springdale. Now the reviews are horrible for the place, which I couldn't care less, but the wifey is ready to forego the trip because of the bad reviews. If you have stayed there in the past or are staying there this year could you please chime in with your thoughts on the place? Thanks in advance.

-Josh

Old 08-17-2015, 05:35 PM
bighatlaw
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't want to stay there with the wife man. That's a tweaker motel. Police there constantly. Stat in Fayetteville, Rogers, or Bentonville. Avoid Springdale all together.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:15 PM
n2gzus
Road Captain

Thank you for the info man. I made the mistake of sharing what you said with my wife... now there's no chance she's staying there. Lol Exactly what I needed to know though. I appreciate it!

Old 08-17-2015, 06:25 PM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

Springdale = Chickendale.

Tyson country.

Where the roadsides are white with chicken feathers flying from cluckers going to market in 18-wheel chicken trucks. Did I mention the aroma is impressive?

Memorable visual is clucker that fell out of cage on truck, sitting in the middle of the road with cars and trucks flying past, head on a swivel ogling the only open space its ever seen just before turning into a cloud of red mist and feathers.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:33 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,140 Likes on 12,206 Posts

Look up the Mom and Pop motels throughout NW Ark. They don't fill up as fast because they aren't easily booked online. The good ones hold their prices instead of gouging.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:59 PM
bighatlaw
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem. Used to be Police in that area of the country. I wouldn't stay there with my wife. Better off spending a few extra bucks and going to Bentonville or a hotel around the University.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:57 PM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 822 Posts

There's Eureka Springs, and Tulsa is a short ride to the west...

Old 08-17-2015, 09:59 PM
n2gzus
Road Captain

Thank you for the replies, guys.
Just called a mom pop motel in eureka springs and she does have a few rooms available and the prices were really great but the drive is a little over an hour according to google maps. I know I'll be in town late each night and would hate the ride back late at night. Been calling a lot of places hoping for any cancelations but no luck. These national rallies seem to require reservations a year minimum in advance I'm finding out.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:28 PM
OZARKTOAD
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by n2gzus
Just called a mom pop motel in eureka springs and she does have a few rooms available and the prices were really great but the drive is a little over an hour according to google maps. I know I'll be in town late each night and would hate the ride back late at night. Been calling a lot of places hoping for any cancelations but no luck. These national rallies seem to require reservations a year minimum in advance I'm finding out.
Honestly The ride from Fayetteville to Eureka Springs is one of the best in the region. Wife and I took the ride this weekend on a whim to get some coffee downtown. That ride never gets old on a Harley. Plus eureka is a beautiful place, small, build on the side of a hill, tons of Victorian architecture, bath houses, quaint shops....if you go check out the crescent hotel, basin park hotel it would be worth staying anywhere in eureka. Last year it was as packed with bikes as Fayetteville, it's like a off-site, unofficial, BBBQ Venue. The poker run goes through it every year. Like I said if we want to go for a short (on a bike), fun ride we go to eureka and it never gets old.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:25 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,140 Likes on 12,206 Posts

Originally Posted by n2gzus
Having lived in the area and done the rally a few times, imo the fun ends when the sun goes down. The daytime activities are the only thing I've found enjoyable. At night all the local weirdos (remember it's a college town) come out. The sidewalks are jammed with everyone on the planet including the occasional 18 y.o. mom jamming her double wide stroller through the crowd while trying to light a smoke. All the while every dumbass with bellyfull bounces his motor off the rev limiter (under the watchful eye of the LE who randomly do sobriety tests) to the cheers of the shirtless, toothless throng.

Seriously, you'll be thankful that you stayed in Eureka Springs. It's a fun little town and there will be more than enough spill over from the rally. Great restaurants and fun bars. It's also in the middle of some of the best riding in the country. You'll enjoy the ride down 23 to Fayetteville. Mix up your route each day. There's a ton of routes that are a hoot. I can PM you details if you choose to stay in ES.

But be careful - the same idiots that I mention earlier take to the roads as well. Last year we came upon more wrecks in one day than I have witnessed in a lifetime there. There is no forgiveness outside either painted line.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever stayed at Heritage Inn Springdale for BBBQ rally?