General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever stayed at Heritage Inn Springdale for BBBQ rally?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 08:42 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 473 Posts

With 30 days out I would think you could find some lodging closer than Eureka Springs but as others have stated, it's a nice ride back to Eureka Springs.

I personally wouldn't go unless I could stay close to Rally center because I like beer with my "Blues and BBQ".

As for Eureka Springs......the Wife and I had a great time this past May staying in the area but Eureka Springs itself had little to do with the great time.
After 1 day playing tourist we were done with the town and spent the rest of the week just relaxing in a rural cabin and riding the Ozarks which is what we were there for.

Next year we are planning on going back but we'll be looking at staying closer to Harrison due to that's closer to where IMO the best riding is at.
Of course Harrison is too far East for the BBB Rally.

I'd keep looking for a place near the Rally.

Last edited by Bluraven; 08-18-2015 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:53 AM
SilverEagle50
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Check out the motels in Rogers. They are usually not booked up yet (had a friend find one the week before the rally last year) and not as expensive as the ones in Fayetteville or Springdale. Plus you don't have to do a guaranteed 3 or 4 night stay. It is a little bit of a ride from Dickson St., but if you take College avenue, it takes you right up there and it is a 4 lane well lite road. has a few stop lights, but pretty safe for late hours riding back after spending the evening on Dickson St.

I'm kinda like you and know I'm probably going to spend at least one night down on Dickson St. for not other reason than to just people watch. That ride to Eureka (even though it is great) would be a bit much imo around midnight. You will probably have been drinking and then there are all the varmits after dark.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:17 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,140 Likes on 12,206 Posts

I will add that riding at night anywhere after drinking is a bad idea. The ride to Eureka Springs would be suicide. But, the ride to Rogers is no picnic at night either. Lots of cops and very bad drivers. If the main reason for going is the nightlife, do a more thorough search in Fayetteville, pay the increased rate, and use the Uber system. A dui or wreck will cost you tenfold (at least) over the most expensive place in Fayetteville.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:29 AM
FinallyRiding
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Check out some places in Eureka Springs. We have booked the Crescent this year but we also like staying at the Apple Blossom Inn it isn't anything fancy but very reasonable, clean and large rooms. We had stayed in Fayetteville the last three years but find ourselves riding to Eureka and spending more and more time there during the rally so we made the move.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:31 AM
FinallyRiding
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes the previous posters are correct if you are wanting to party in Fayetteville pay the high rates and get a taxi. Love those roads during the daylight not so much at night.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:13 PM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Try Alma, its about 30 minutes south of BBQ on i49. Van Buren is about 45 minutes south of BBQ on i49 to i40.

Both will have rooms and it is not too dangerous of a ride after dark.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:58 PM
HD1044
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with the comments on the nightlife and riding at night especially after drinking. I am fortunate to live here in Northwest Arkansas and we have some great roads and beautiful scenery for riding. But at night on unfamiliar roads with a bunch if others that have been drinking is very hazardous. There is also some construction on the highway (I49) so be aware of that.

I attend the rally every year but as someone else said I only go during the day. There are a lot of activities all around the area that are awesome. Make sure to check out the vintage bike show on Saturday morning at the Arvest baseball park. There will also be vintage cars. But again there are a lot of activities and rides around all of Northwest Arkansas during the rally which mainly takes place in Fayetteville.

Ride safe and hope you have a good time while here!

Old 08-18-2015, 09:54 PM
n2gzus
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks again everyone. Some really great points on both sides of the coin. Paying more to stay closer is much better than a dui. I didn't think about that one. On the flip side, it might be neat to just stay close by in eureka once it starts getting dark. My wife would probably enjoy the local hole in the wall bar more anyway.

We've actually been to the rally the past 2 years and have had a blast both times. Love the riding Arkansas has to offer.
The first time I went my boss actually let me have his room (he wouldn't let me pay him for it either, very nice of him) so I didn't have to worry about reserving a room nor realized how difficult it was to find a room. Last year my good friend reserved a room for him and his wife and a room for me and my wife about a year in advance. I still figured I would be able to find a room fairly easy though.

And you guys hit the nail on the head with the nightlife description! Lol That's exactly how it is after dark.
I too like beer with my bbq and so that's the reason I figured eureka springs would be just too far of a ride at night on unfamiliar roads. If we do get the motel in eureka we will skip the dickson street nightlife.

Decisions, decisions.