General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how 'bout this bit of luck

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:49 AM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,093 Likes on 351 Posts
Default RE: how 'bout this bit of luck

mighta been a male, I think they dont sting

Old 05-02-2007, 11:59 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think sex makes a difference with bees.
Had a wasp get into my jacket a few weeks ago on a ride, got home, parked the ride in the garage, slung the boots off, had the chaps unzipped and then jacket, and felt a sting on the neck just as I'm walking through the door. Looked down and was amazed to see the wasp falling to the steps. I thought, "you little a**hole, you wait this long?" Promptly smacked him with an empty Corona bottle and then watched my neck swell a bit.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master

Last year, I had a bumble bee that flew in the sleeve of my jacket. It made it all the way to my back, where it proceded to sting the crap out of me. You should of seen me shutting it down, pull off the road and shucking my clothes. I'm sure it was a sight. I get my shirt off and out flies the bumble bee....

Old 05-02-2007, 01:40 PM
ChicagoJ
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Beeracuda

Last year, I had a bumble bee that flew in the sleeve of my jacket. It made it all the way to my back, where it proceded to sting the crap out of me. You should of seen me shutting it down, pull off the road and shucking my clothes. I'm sure it was a sight. I get my shirt off and out flies the bumble bee....
I had a similar experience last year with a spider. On my way to work and somehow if got under my vest and my shirt. It felt like someone was putting a smoke out on my back. Had the wife with me and quickly pulled on to a side street, shut it down, threw down the jiffy stand and hopped off. I start rippin my vest and shirt off smacking at my back. The whole time my wife is asking what the hell is wrong. Next thing I know a LEO is sitting there in his squad staring at me and goin, uh you ok. Just so happenedI pulled over in front of a police station. Three nice big old welts on my bike from where the sucker got me.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:45 PM
PaOutlaw
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: tinknocker_02

So the wife and I were ridin' and I felt something hit my ear IN my helmet.Stick my finger in and nothin'.Keep on ridin' feel something on my ear stick my finger in again and nothin'.Keep on rollin' feel something on my ear again .By now it's been about 3 miles and I stick my finger in again and this time something is REALLY movin' around.QUICKLY pull to the side shut her down side stand down wife still sittin' helmet off and guess what it was..................A honey bee and as much as I was pokin' my finger in there it didn't sting me.How 'bout that luck!
I think one could say........you were "BUZZED" eh??

Old 05-02-2007, 01:45 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ChicagoJ

ORIGINAL: Beeracuda

I had a similar experience last year with a spider. On my way to work and somehow if got under my vest and my shirt. It felt like someone was putting a smoke out on my back. Had the wife with me and quickly pulled on to a side street, shut it down, threw down the jiffy stand and hopped off. I start rippin my vest and shirt off smacking at my back. The whole time my wife is asking what the hell is wrong. Next thing I know a LEO is sitting there in his squad staring at me and goin, uh you ok. Just so happenedI pulled over in front of a police station. Three nice big old welts on my bike from where the sucker got me.
Your bike got sympathy welts?

Old 05-02-2007, 02:31 PM
txhdrider
Advanced

A number of years ago I had a yellow jacket that flew over the top of the windshield and under my flip up face shield (yeah I know it should have been in the down positon) and hit my forehead, thenfell stunned in the chinbar of my full coverage helmet. I looked down and saw him buzzing and twiching, talk about power stopping and getting the helemt off quick. Other than that theOzarks were Great.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:58 PM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was riding 2 up a while back and something went down the front of my pants. thought to myself wtf? then i realized it was the old ladies hand. there was some swelling but no sting.

Old 05-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Won't happen wearing a 3/4 or full face, wont even hapen with a shorty and a curtain.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:11 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While on our honeymoon, back in '87, the fullface my wife wore at the time had a "chin flap" which velcroed in place underneath her chin. We were just pulling over for gas in a small town in either Wyoming or Idaho (can't remember for sure where now...) and she was screaming "Stop, stop, stop!!!" I jumped on the binders, and she was off the bike like I'd hit the ejector seat button. Her helmet was off in a flash, and a big azz hornet was hanging from her chin, pumping away. I just squished it between my fingers. Fortunately she wasn't allergic. (although it was pretty tender putting the helmet on for the next couple of days...) It has always amazed me how these things can find the "sweet spot" every time! Glad to hear you weren't stung.

Quick Reply: how 'bout this bit of luck