General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007 | 06:24 PM
chambeaux1
|
Tourer
Default RE: Is it just me?

ORIGINAL: RageAndMachine

My dockers have that little round pee spot on them. Does that make me a jerk?
Actually, yes. Yes it does.

Old 05-01-2007 | 06:32 PM
ultraultra
Road Warrior

Years ago, I worked for EDS. Required "dress code" was a 3-piece suit. I rode to work on the bike, 3-piece suit, brief case hanging out of the trunk, and wore a ball cap (no helemt state). As long as you ride... who cares. I DID get some strange looks.

Oh yeah. Got married 1-1/2 years ago. Rode the Ultra to the church wearing my tux. That will raise some eyebrows!

Old 05-01-2007 | 06:34 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: RageAndMachine

My dockers have that little round pee spot on them. Does that make me a jerk?
I thought everyones Dockers have a round pee spot on them. That's the curse of wearing khaki's. If you don't **** splashing back on them, you have what's left in the hose run out and leave a spot after you zip back up.

Old 05-01-2007 | 06:41 PM
baxter
Road Warrior

we only get one day a week to wear jeans so i decided to find another way to avoid conforming to dressy attire, i wear cargo pants black , brown , green and camo with combat boots... i get away with it cus dress pants and a polo dont really fool anyone when my arms are sleeved with ink.

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:30 PM
Halfbuck
Cruiser

Sometimes, in the Summer, when I get back home from playing a round of golf, I hop on the bike for a quick few mile ride just to cool down. And YES, I do realize how much of a yuppie dork I look like cruising down the road in my shorts and polo shirt! My wife enjoys making fun of me too.

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:09 AM
YUCK
Road Warrior

No brainier for me,,,,I don't own dockers, slacks, dress pants, tie, sneakers, shoes, chaps, vest....

Old 05-02-2007 | 03:19 AM
AKsavage
Tourer

They don't care what I wear to work as I work in a gravel pit. Safety equipment hard hat, hearing protection, and a bright yellow vest. I had to ride to work twice last year in the rain[:'(], my jeep was in the shop getting lifted. Now I'm looking at the Buell Uly in barricade orange for my "daily rider" keep my chrome clean cause I sure don't waste time cleaning it.

Old 05-02-2007 | 03:50 AM
goombah
Advanced

Wear "docker" type pants and polo/button down shirt daily, most of the time with my Doc Marten's. Leather or Joe Rocket perforated jacket, depending on the temp. Don't really care what anyone thinks. My bike is my commuter scoot, 35 miles each way to work with lots of traffic. Cuts down on the drive time when you can split lanes. Had a boss that was a weekend "livin' the lifestyle" rider that was horrified that I would wear a pair of loafers occasionally. He actually told me that I may be comfortable on the way to my destination (I ride a heritage) but he looked good when he got there (tricked out dyna). Wow.

Old 05-02-2007 | 04:37 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member

I have to wear Dockers/Slacks and a tie. No tie or jeans on Fridays.I work in a department store and think it's kinda stupid. Hlel, they don't even wear ties at banks anymore. Whatta ya do?

Old 05-02-2007 | 05:02 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Until this job I currently have, I was mostly in business casual environments. When I would ride to work, I'd wear my jeans, and first stop would be to the restroom (luckily we had nice private restrooms, single occupancy), change into my slacks, change my undershirt and put my golf shirt on. I'd just have them all neatly folded in my backpack (Lowrider days), or in a bag in my saddlebag after I bought my Glide. Made life alot easier (although it required me to leave 10 minutes earlier), and still got to ride to work.

I don't know about you guys, but I have work dress pants on the bike, and it just feels too strange. Most of mine are pretty thin (remember, Arizona, lightweight is the way to go!), so it felt like I was just wearing my boxers on the bike (good thing I don't wear Speedos!)

Quick Reply: Is it just me?