General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:31 AM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Is it just me?

No, you’re not the only one. I wear those $20.00 JC Penny dress pants to work, it's a challenge. When it's cool it's no problem, you can wear the jacket and chaps. When it gets hot its tooo hot in 5pm rush hour for the chaps and jacket. Once I said the heck with the chaps (did worry about the pants melting) but wore the aeration jacket. Problem is I do about 10-12 miles down the interstate. What I didn't expect has having my pants crawl up my legs the whole way going 80. Looked ridicules like I was wearing shorts. What a pain. Last weekend this guy showed me these legging like things. Look like hockey shin guards of sorts. They are leather, go from the top of the shoe/boot to about your knee andVelcro closed. Looks like the fix for me, now I just have to find them. He got them at the shop but I haven't foundthem in the HD catalog.

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:31 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member

Chaps do a good job of covering up your slacks.

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:34 AM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior

I ride to work everyday. Somedays I wear my uniform. Normally I wear jeans and change at work. I ride a Shovel so I risk trashing my uniform everytime I wear them riding.

I would not feel self concious about it at all. I have a lot more respect for someone that rides all the time than the guy that has to have $700 of GenuWine MoCo Motorclothes just to run around the block and ends up with 1000 miles a year.

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:39 AM
thrillseeker
Road Warrior

I wear what I normally do, and change when I get to work. Not only do I think jeans might give a little more protection (not much) over dockers, but there are other things that can **** your work clothes.... oil, bugs, etc.
Friday is jeans day

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:48 AM
JohnT
Road Master

Get over it, you're going to work, not to bike night or a 'pirate' rally! Get some overpants or a riding suit to wear over your work clothes. Who do you think is looking at you?

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:55 AM
GOSTAZ
Road Master

I don't really like riding in slacks, but I would rather ride and look dorky to someone than cage it. For what I do, I should be able to wear a pair of cutoffs and a wifebeater.. The dinks that I work with are killing me. Stupid is viral here...

Don't worry about what people think. Any weird comments someone would make are rooted in jealousy. One cool thing about riding a bagger is I can do the jeans on the bike, slacks in the office thing without too much trouble.

Old 05-01-2007 | 12:08 PM
DirtyDave
Tourer

Can you get away with black or other colored jeans???

Old 05-01-2007 | 12:11 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member

I'd wear bibbed overalls over my fancy pants.

Old 05-01-2007 | 12:22 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member

Bib overalls, that's a heck of an idea. Keeps the bugsoff, keeps the pants from crawling up the legs going down the interstate, keeps the pants from burning/meltingand has to be cooler than leather in the 5pmbumper to bumper rush hr. Thanks.

Old 05-01-2007 | 12:24 PM
EK5858
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Keith_H

No, you’re not the only one. I wear those $20.00 JC Penny dress pants to work, it's a challenge. When it's cool it's no problem, you can wear the jacket and chaps. When it gets hot its tooo hot in 5pm rush hour for the chaps and jacket. Once I said the heck with the chaps (did worry about the pants melting) but wore the aeration jacket. Problem is I do about 10-12 miles down the interstate. What I didn't expect has having my pants crawl up my legs the whole way going 80. Looked ridicules like I was wearing shorts. What a pain. Last weekend this guy showed me these legging like things. Look like hockey shin guards of sorts. They are leather, go from the top of the shoe/boot to about your knee andVelcro closed. Looks like the fix for me, now I just have to find them. He got them at the shop but I haven't foundthem in the HD catalog.
I feel your pain. I am so cheap I just tie shoe strings tightly around the bottom of my pants. I ride in docker most the days I ride to work except friday. I just keep a dress pair of shoes at work, I just normally try to wear darker dockers. I will admit the green ones look gay when your riding

Quick Reply: Is it just me?