General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

now this was funny

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007 | 09:40 AM
1of2
|
"Moderator"
Default now this was funny

I pulled up to an intersection yesterday and in the left turn lane was an old lady driving a car with an old man in the passenger seat. When I puled up he smiled and waved to me. I nodded and smiled to him and saw he was checking out my Fatboy, just loking it up and down. Then he rolled down his window and asked "is that thing a '45"? I said "HUH"? He repeated and I said no, its last years model. Just then the light turned and as they turned left I could hear his wife laughing histerically at him all the way around the corner. I laughed all the way home. I gotta tell ya, I like old people a hell of a lot better than I like kids. What a hoot!

Old 05-01-2007 | 09:48 AM
RKGary
Cruiser
Default RE: now this was funny

45 ci flathead, I owned one. I think the old guy was a biker. He still has the spirit.

Old 05-01-2007 | 09:50 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

Dunno what was all that funny about him thinkin it a 750. Maybe that was the last Harley he kicked a leg over.

...I think he needs to get a new one.

Old 05-01-2007 | 10:10 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

Six of us stopped for ice cream last fall during a ride. As we got in lineanelderly woman and an even older man got inbehind us.

The man had a t-shirt with writing on the front "I'm Retired - So I'm a Full Time Pain in the ***"

We thought that was the funniest thing and started talking tothe guy. He was pretty neat and asked about our bikes. Told us back-in-the day herode an Indian.

We got our ice cream and were standing by the bikes, and the elderly couple walk slowly to their car.

The elderly gentleman took some time to get in the car.

He rolls downthe window and says "I'd like to go with you fellers, buy my daughter tells me it's time for my nap. Maybe next time." And he's laughing like hell.

Made our day.

Sammi

Old 05-01-2007 | 10:46 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member

So that's what I have to look forward to? Thanks alot [:'(]

Old 05-01-2007 | 10:54 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: whaap

So that's what I have to look forward to? Thanks alot [:'(]
I'm guessing thefellow was in his late 80's. If I'm in that good a shape at that age I'll be happy.

Sammi

Old 05-02-2007 | 06:07 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member

I have older people come into my work all the time. I work in sporting goods here and love the stories these guys have to tell. Gotta love the old folks, they crack me up.

Old 05-02-2007 | 06:35 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SoftailBrian

I have older people come into my work all the time. I work in sporting goods here and love the stories these guys have to tell. Gotta love the old folks, they crack me up.
I love them to---But I really don't want to be one!!![] (I guess it will be better than the alternative though!)

Old 05-02-2007 | 10:29 AM
TEK 679
Road Captain

We just had an 78 year young feller go down last week in a corner and get impailed on a fence post thru his upper thigh and mid section. Tough old bird was more pissed he wrecked his scoot then about the fence sticking out of his side. He should make a full recovery but said he was hanging up the helmet. I felt sorry for the guy we will all be there one day just hope I live to tell about it.

Old 05-02-2007 | 11:38 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

That's too bad he hurt himself. At least he had the sense to know when he should hang it up. Let's hope we're all that smart. And Thank God I have some riding years ahead of me. Not as many as some of you, but I'm making them count,

Quick Reply: now this was funny