General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

now this was funny

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007 | 11:46 AM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: now this was funny

Hey being old ain't so bad, as long as you have some spirit left in ya. At 61 I still ride and enjoy my bike, hope I have a few years left, still gotta pay for this damn thing

Old 05-02-2007 | 11:46 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 1of2

I pulled up to an intersection yesterday and in the left turn lane was an old lady driving a car with an old man in the passenger seat. When I puled up he smiled and waved to me. I nodded and smiled to him and saw he was checking out my Fatboy, just loking it up and down. Then he rolled down his window and asked "is that thing a '45"? I said "HUH"? He repeated and I said no, its last years model. Just then the light turned and as they turned left I could hear his wife laughing histerically at him all the way around the corner. I laughed all the way home. I gotta tell ya, I like old people a hell of a lot better than I like kids. What a hoot!
Meanwhile on an OLDGEEZERS HD SITE..............

ORIGINAL: Flathead Charley

Me and the ole lady were out in the cage yesterday, and while sitting at a left turn light, some young buck pulled up on what looked to be, a Harley Davidson.
SoI wound down my window and asked the boy, "is that thing a 45?" Young buck looked atme with that clueless stare and said "HUH?". So I asked him again, then he told me something about last years model, er some such nonsense. I don't think these new riders know what engine displacement is.
As the ole lady turned the corner, she asked me "is that what theys a callin a poser nowadays?", I almost had to take another nitro glycerin tablet I was laughin so hard.
It's all in ones perspective.......

Old 05-02-2007 | 11:51 AM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

ORIGINAL: 1of2

I pulled up to an intersection yesterday and in the left turn lane was an old lady driving a car with an old man in the passenger seat. When I puled up he smiled and waved to me. I nodded and smiled to him and saw he was checking out my Fatboy, just loking it up and down. Then he rolled down his window and asked "is that thing a '45"? I said "HUH"? He repeated and I said no, its last years model. Just then the light turned and as they turned left I could hear his wife laughing histerically at him all the way around the corner. I laughed all the way home. I gotta tell ya, I like old people a hell of a lot better than I like kids. What a hoot!
Good one, and right on target

Meanwhile on an OLDGEEZERS HD SITE..............

ORIGINAL: Flathead Charley

Me and the ole lady were out in the cage yesterday, and while sitting at a left turn light, some young buck pulled up on what looked to be, a Harley Davidson.
SoI wound down my window and asked the boy, "is that thing a 45?" Young buck looked atme with that clueless stare and said "HUH?". So I asked him again, then he told me something about last years model, er some such nonsense. I don't think these new riders know what engine displacement is.
As the ole lady turned the corner, she asked me "is that what theys a callin a poser nowadays?", I almost had to take another nitro glycerin tablet I was laughin so hard.
It's all in ones perspective.......

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:02 PM
thug
Road Warrior

"is that thing a '45"?

Suppose he wastalking about the angle of the jugs?

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:08 PM
monsterdeluxe
Road Captain

I would rather be 80 and die on my bike than in some hospital. At least I would go doing what I love. I think they have an HD dealership in heaven. Thats why no one comes back, their busy riding their bikes.

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:09 PM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey, everybody knows "GOD" rides a Harley

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:13 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: HD91 99 07

No no no..... you got that backwards

Harley Riders think they are Gods

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:26 PM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

ORIGINAL: HD91 99 07

No no no..... you got that backwards

Harley Riders think they are Gods

Arn't we???

Old 05-02-2007 | 01:42 PM
Draggin S
Road Master

Well,

My Grampaw rode a Harley with a sidecar and they used to laugh at him because they could tell when he took the sidecar off because he would forget the other wheel wasn't there and go down and scratch up the bike.......my dad always wanted a "Harley 45" when he was a kid........guess the old guy knew what he was talking about...........

Contact

The Classics: 1936 Harley-Davidson 45

The engine in this 1936 Harley-Davidson may not look remarkable, but it is. In fact, it ranks among the longest-lasting powerplants in motorcycle history.
Introduced in 1929, the Harley "45" was the company’s first entry into the 45-cubic-inch (750cc) class. And although the model designation changed over the years, this same basic engine design survived in the Harley lineup through 1973. That would be like a company selling a new motorcycle today with an engine design from 1956!
What makes that even more remarkable is that the engine involved wasn’t terribly advanced for its day. It’s a side-valve design with a long stroke that made great torque, but modest horsepower, even by the standards of the 1930s.
The original Harley 45, designated the D model, wasn’t particularly fast, and it had teething problems with the clutch and generator. But its low price of $195 made it the right motorcycle for the Depression era. It also became the basis for Harley’s efforts in the new, production-based, Class C racing in 1934. And by ’36, when this RLD version was built, the 45 had become a strong, reliable, mid-sized motorcycle.
This RLD, which sold for $295, was the sportiest version in the streetbike lineup of 45s that included a total of five machines that year.
"It was the high-performance model, and also very stylish," says Mark Jonas, son of the machine’s owner, Gerald Jonas.
Styling touches include a fishtail muffler, a chrome-plated air filter and a tasteful blue-and-ivory paint scheme on the streamlined tank and fenders.
The next year, the Harley 45, with further enhancements, evolved into the "W" line, which went in four very different directions. The standard streetbike eventually became known as the WL, while the racing version became the WR. Then there was the WLA, the main motorcycle used by the U.S. Army in World War II.
Finally, there was the longest-lasting 45 of them all, the Servi-Car, a three-wheeled utility vehicle introduced in 1932, powered by the side-valve Harley 45 engine. When production of two-wheeled W models ended in 1951, this model, a favorite of police parking-enforcement divisions, soldiered on. In fact, you could buy a Servi-Car with a side-valve 45 engine right through 1973, which made the design older than many of the officers riding it.
© 2007, Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum

Engine
air-cooled v-twin
Displacement
750cc
Bore x Stroke
69.85mm x 96.52mm
Carburetor
Linkert
Transmission
three speed, hand shift/foot clutch[/align][/align]

Old 05-02-2007 | 02:36 PM