General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't pump Gas May 15th

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 05:47 AM
timdow
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Don't pump Gas May 15th

Hey, we are already doing our part by getting more than 40 MPG. If everyone got 40 MPG, there would be no problem!

Old 05-01-2007, 06:00 AM
vegasvrscr
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

During the Laughlin Run most but not all Chevron stations were charging 3.59 per gallon of premium in areas most bikers were likely to fill up. The Shell and Mobil stations were about 3.29 per gallon and unbranded premium was from in the 3 teens area to about 3.25 per Gallon. Chevron stations in areas the locals know about off the "biker path" were also in the range of Mobil and Shell. In the 2nd week of May I will be back in the area of these stations and check again on the prices, W T F is with the Chevron stations having such a big price difference?

Old 05-01-2007, 06:05 AM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me ask you all a question. How many gallons of gas do you all use in a month?

Old 05-01-2007, 06:27 AM
vegasvrscr
6th Gear

Just for the Lauglin run I used 25 gallons of fuel for 990 miles of riding between Thursday and Sunday. Rode to and from Laughlin from Vegas each day, is 102 miles each way from my place.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:10 AM
King FLH
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts

I won't get political here if I can help it, but if you want lower energy prices, don't vote for the blue party. Drilling for more of our own oil offshore and up in Alaska is the only way to get off OPEC's string. Of course, every time it's brought up, the lefties cry about the enviromental impact as if there would actually be any. It's going on right now. I say, the planet is doomed anyhow due to the snowball effect of overpopulation, and it's demand for resources. Let's get the oil out of the ground and burn it up and have some fun!!! Dammit!!!
A one day boycott on gas stations is competely worthless.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:52 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dallastx

One day isn't going to do crap! It's time for everyone to get through to these retards in Washington. We're fed up with this crap and not going to take it any more! Gas prices are higher because we aren't using as much as we used to. The oil companies are jacking prices to compensate. Want to do something about gas prices? Write your congressman. The oil companies are screwing us all and something needs to be done before we can't even afford to ride our bikes anymore! It just pisses me off!

Oil companies record record profits while everybody suffers. That's B/S.
You might be fed up but you'll take it as long as they want you to.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:52 AM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 203 Posts

The fact remains....people need to change their habits. You have to ask yourself these type of questions...Do I really need to own a SUV? Do I really have to get that big truck even though I have no use for a bed? Is it worth to have the extra power even though it gets less mpg?

Many people are buying a vehicle for the wrong reasons.....status and keep up with the neighbors. Just because everyone else does it....simply does not mean it is the right thing to do. Jumping on the SUV craze was one fine example.

The Oil companies know how much we demand the fuel and they know how much we are gonna pay. Population will only increase and more traffic will be found on the roadways....this in turn will make the demand for fuel to increase. Higher demand....higher prices.

I do not blame the oil companies for high prices. I totally blame the society as a whole for high prices. If one vehicle gets rather poor mpg....it really is not that bad. Multiply that by thousands and then the problem becomes apparent.

The auto manufactures arenot helping the situation either. They are still manufacturing **** poormpg vehicles. Large SUV's such as the Ford Excursion, Ford Expeditionand the Tahoes, Suburbans, Yukons, do not get good fuel economy. Many of those that are driving those type of vehicles could probably get by driving a car. Also, giving todays technology....fuel economy has not really improved and in some cases....it has gotten worse. I drive a 1983 Ford Ranger and averages 20mpg....a 2007 similar Ford Ranger gets about the same. In 25 years....no improvement. Check out http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071701387.html

The prices are going to get worse. Everyone should do their part and think conservation.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:11 PM
07SG
Cruiser

I am utterly amazed at all the posts about what one needs to be driving. We are all riding Harleys for Christ's sake! You think the general population thinks we need our HD motorcycles?

My point is, who decides what others need?

Old 05-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Rodent
Road Master

This won't do any good. It will only delay the station getting their money one day later.
Why not boycott a certain type of gas station likeALL Sunoco's, or ALL BP's totally. This would get them to drop their price being they are losing business and money, and then other stations would start dropping their price when they see the boycotted station lowering their price to sell what gas they have, which wouldpossibly cause a gas war between other stations.
I say stop buying anything, (gas, diesel, cigarettes, candy, pop, or anything else) from any BP station starting this weekend. Something needs to be done. I'm tired of paying $100.00 plus, to fill my diesel pick up truck.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:23 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everybody can drive whatever the hell they want. If they drive around with 7 empty seats in their rig and get 8 miles/gallon that's THEIR business, not mine. I happen to think those little 2-seater electric cars are a death looking for somewhere to happen but, who am I to talk???, I ride a motorcycle. People have absolutely no business attempting to dictate what other people should drive, or wear, or own, or think, or say, or where they should live... [:@]

Quick Reply: Don't pump Gas May 15th