General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks, idiot. (Mororcycle crash story)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thanks, idiot. (Mororcycle crash story)

http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=336274

This is the kind of story that just ***** me off. No license, excessive speed...

Gee, wonder why no one carefd whether or not our awareness ride took place. We end up being our own worst enemy.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:39 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thanks, idiot. (Mororcycle crash story)

There will always be FIBs (F***in Idiot Bikers). Not to wish ill on this guy since he got hurt, but hopefully he'll learn a lesson if he lives.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:40 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep, throwing your leg over the saddle of a motorcycle doesn't necessarily make you smart !!

Old 04-30-2007, 01:44 PM
redscout
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about the dog's owner? These things are almost as dangerous as deer and shouldn't be running free on the highway. I'm licensed and insured and I hit a pit bull at 70mph once that ripped the left foot peg and shifter right off the bike as well as destroying the tranny. I didn't go down (another inch of dog travel and I'm sure I would have), but I blame the dog's owner for letting it run out in the road after a bike. I might have been going a little faster than the posted speed limit too, but that wasn't the cause.... If I'd been going slower I'd have hit him with the front wheel...

Old 04-30-2007, 01:44 PM
old95
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

"Police said they suspect excessive speed was a factor in the crash. " aaaaa, that is I think a stupid statement. The cause of the crash was the dog was in the road. [:@]

Old 04-30-2007, 01:45 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: old95
"Police said they suspect excessive speed was a factor in the crash. " aaaaa, that is I think a stupid statement. The cause of the crash was the dog was in the road.
Maybe it was a Greyhound.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:53 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, those Greyhounds can be big

Old 04-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree that the dog most certainly was involved, and by natural extension, so was the owner of the dog. However, speed being the cause, or part of the cause is a non-issue. The helmet too is a non-issue. The one thing that pissed me off was the fact that this guy had NO license. In other words, he started the day off running illegal. THAT, in this case, trumps all. The licensure test is a piece of cake, and costs 10 dollars to take. If he was qualiified to start and ride that bike, then he most certainly could have passed the test. His lack of respect for bikes, and the law, AND the rest of us (law abiding 99%ers) is what made me mad. I would never wish another human being be injured, but at the same time, I will focus the attention where it belongs, which is on HIS head (un helmeted and all). The next unleashed thing he hits might be one of us.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For your own mental health don't let it stir you up to much. Even if the kid dideverything right those that would condemn the motorcycle world will continue to do so. Those folks will always find fault and complain about everything, they just don’t like motorcycles. Even if he had a license and was traveling at the speed limit he could have easily gone down hitting a dog, size unknown. There will never be such a thing as all riders or drivers or hunters or anything willdo everything right so to hope for that will cause you regular heartburn. We know that having a license doesn't make you a better or safer rider or driver, too many garage queens and new riders out there. The excessive speed thing could be 10 over, who on here hasn't been guilty of that or moreon their bike or a car.As for hitting a dog, those things happen regularly on bikes and cars. How often do cars swerve to miss and animal, overcorrect and cause a head on or role it.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Tinker Bell
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Keith_H

For your own mental health don't let it stir you up to much. Even if the kid dideverything right those that would condemn the motorcycle world will continue to do so. Those folks will always find fault and complain about everything, they just don’t like motorcycles. Even if he had a license and was traveling at the speed limit he could have easily gone down hitting a dog, size unknown. There will never be such a thing as all riders or drivers or hunters or anything willdo everything right so to hope for that will cause you regular heartburn. We know that having a license doesn't make you a better or safer rider or driver, too many garage queens and new riders out there. The excessive speed thing could be 10 over, who on here hasn't been guilty of that or moreon their bike or a car.As for hitting a dog, those things happen regularly on bikes and cars. How often do cars swerve to miss and animal, overcorrect and cause a head on or role it.
Exactly.