General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it just me ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 02:08 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 192 Likes on 148 Posts

I prevent this by just going about 100mph.....cause I'm a problem solver!

Old 07-17-2015, 02:16 PM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

I don't get passed a lot no matter what i am driving. Maybe i need to slow down. Around here i have found that most people give me ample room though, still run into idiots during "rush" 2 hours but most seem to either understand, ride or just be courteous people.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:51 PM
mhern08
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup for unknown reasons everyone wants to race or blow by me. 'Im always like WTF?It must appeal to them that they smoked a Harley! LOL

Old 07-18-2015, 02:47 AM
RexD
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is it just me ?

When driving in a car behind what appears to be an inexperienced rider on a motorcycle I always pass them.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:47 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
I prevent this by just going about 100mph.....cause I'm a problem solver!
I agree with this. Very rare for someone to pass me in a cage. I try to limit lane splitting above triple digits...but I can't promise it.

Old 07-18-2015, 07:08 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray on the drums
I think we miss the part where the wife in the passenger seat gets to squirming in her seat with a little stary eyed smiles and says we should get a bike. That's when it happens.

Funny! JR

Old 07-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Sarah93003
Club Member
Received 30,073 Likes on 6,791 Posts

It must have been "my" day yesterday. Between US 101, CA 118 and CA 23, all highway.

I encountered three frickin soccer moms on a 30 mile route. The first, in her Mercedes E class cruising along at 65 until I moved to pass her and then she would accelerate. As soon as I moved back behind her she would slow down again.

The second, in an Audi did the same thing.

The third, in a Honda Accord as we descended a long grade she slowed down to 60, I moved to pass on the left and she started speeding up. I dropped back behind her and she slowed to 60 again. I moved to pass on the left and she started speeding up again. Now I'm starting to get a bit heated. I dropped behind her, again, and she slowed back to 60. WTF! For the third time she slowed down to 60. Once again I moved to pass on the left and she sped up. I decided to see how far she would go and when we got up to 80 I decided it wasn't worth a ticket or worse and just dropped behind her....again. Wouldn't you know it, she slowed down to 60. I got tired of this game and just stayed behind her.

She let cars go by without changing her speed. I decided she either didn't like motorcycles, or didn't like blondes. Finally, she exited and I had to resist the urge of following her and warming up the bitchslapper.

Old 07-18-2015, 02:57 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by StoneyFatBoy
Or do cagers make more of an effort to pass someone on a bike then they do to pass a person going the same speed in a cage? I just always seem to be passed more on highways when I am on my bike then I do when I am in my truck even though I am going the same speed in either machine
It's a passive/ aggressive thing for some people , they gotta prove they are just as good or better than you by passing. I'll screw with them occasionally by speeding up just to see how fast they will run trying to get ahead, some get some crazy looks on the face while doing it

Oh and Sarah next time don't telegraph your gonna pass when you come across one of those just drop a gear and grab a handful ,usually scares the **** out of them and they settle down.

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 07-18-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:58 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,440 Likes on 4,753 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarah93003
It must have been "my" day yesterday. Between US 101, CA 118 and CA 23, all highway.

I encountered three frickin soccer moms on a 30 mile route. The first, in her Mercedes E class cruising along at 65 until I moved to pass her and then she would accelerate. As soon as I moved back behind her she would slow down again.

The second, in an Audi did the same thing.

The third, in a Honda Accord as we descended a long grade she slowed down to 60, I moved to pass on the left and she started speeding up. I dropped back behind her and she slowed to 60 again. I moved to pass on the left and she started speeding up again. Now I'm starting to get a bit heated. I dropped behind her, again, and she slowed back to 60. WTF! For the third time she slowed down to 60. Once again I moved to pass on the left and she sped up. I decided to see how far she would go and when we got up to 80 I decided it wasn't worth a ticket or worse and just dropped behind her....again. Wouldn't you know it, she slowed down to 60. I got tired of this game and just stayed behind her.

She let cars go by without changing her speed. I decided she either didn't like motorcycles, or didn't like blondes. Finally, she exited and I had to resist the urge of following her and warming up the bitchslapper.
Conspiracy theory, they were all in conference call talkin bout the girl on the motorcycle tryin to pass
Edit: I had to come back and remark once more. Had you been ridin 'B' with me my scoot could have gotten around them in a flash/mighta scared em > lmbo

Last edited by Tampa Fatboy; 07-18-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:19 AM
Sarah93003
Club Member
Received 30,073 Likes on 6,791 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker

Oh and Sarah next time don't telegraph your gonna pass when you come across one of those just drop a gear and grab a handful ,usually scares the **** out of them and they settle down.
I will give that a whirl!

Quick Reply: Is it just me ?