General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it just me ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Thumper09
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ripplingh2o
Yup, get that too. I spose most think it's like following a pick-up loaded with loose lumber. But I'd rather they pass than ride my rear tire.

Yep let them pass so they can be in front of you were they're not a threat. Nothing worse than having an impatient or aggravated/cranky driver behind you.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's probably true with anything sporty. When I'm in my Corvette that Prius just has to get by me.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:29 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,440 Likes on 4,753 Posts

Wait until you're in a group ride 200+ and the Sherrifs/Troopers are at most of the interstate entrances stopping the cagers. There is always that one buttwipe in the cage ready to swoop right in on the group ride given the chance. I see it all the time, especially in the lesser group rides.

Most folks show respect for motorcycles but there are quite a few ornery ones that care not and have total disregard for those on two wheels.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Ray on the drums
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,137 Likes on 513 Posts

I think we miss the part where the wife in the passenger seat gets to squirming in her seat with a little stary eyed smiles and says we should get a bike. That's when it happens.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:42 AM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts
Default Is it just me ?

When I am in my cage and I see a bike, usually I get close to check it out! And if there is a passenger, see if she's cute or what's she isn't wearing! Then I will keep away so they have a safety area in case something happens and need room for the get the F out.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:43 AM
Tufel
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray on the drums
I think we miss the part where the wife in the passenger seat gets to squirming in her seat with a little stary eyed smiles and says we should get a bike. That's when it happens.
That's a great answer.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Thumper09
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I'm in my car and I see a bike, I immediately get behind them because I know how to give them ample room, even at stop lights, and I know if someone else gets behind them they will not. I am Moto Protector Man!

Old 07-17-2015, 08:48 AM
Tufel
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Thumper09
When I'm in my car and I see a bike, I immediately get behind them because I know how to give them ample room, even at stop lights, and I know if someone else gets behind them they will not. I am Moto Protector Man!
So you were that guy stocking me. Just kidding,I do the same and have had it happen to me when riding.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:51 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

I get passed all of the time, no matter what I drive/ride. Why??? Because I do the speed limit and everyone else is doing 10-15 over.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Ray on the drums
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,137 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by Thumper09
I did this just the other day for a bagger on the highway in a serious down pour in my pickup. I stayed back more than enough like 200 ft or better because his cool taillights were hard to see in the rain.

The guy (and I'm serious at least 200 feet or more) was watching me in his mirrors (scared of me I guess?) more than worrying about watching what he was doing. I looked down and was just under 40 MPH on a 70 MPH highway too.

After making it more than clear for a few miles what I was trying to do to help but yet messing him up, I went around and let him be with his dark tail lights and rain worthy of stopping for a minute.

Quick Reply: Is it just me ?