General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Values (UK)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 06:43 AM
Big Tav
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Values (UK)

Hi guys, it looks like I have just sold my bike and I will be looking to get a HD. I am looking at mostly a Fat Bob or Fat Boy (Street Bob maybe as it needs a lot of mods to look right to me).

Anyway I want some advice on the values of used bikes for sale privately. I know it will depend on the mods, how motivated the seller is and as always what I am willing to pay but the prices seem to be all over the place!

I mean there are 06-07 Fatboy's for sale that are over £12,000. Surely that's mental. Even the 1450 bikes are still asking for big money and they are quite old now.

Should I be looking the 1584 at least to get a good Fat bob/boy? Is it just the name keeping the values of the Fatboy so high or is it just wishful owners asking prices?

Hear from you soon!

Old 07-14-2015, 06:51 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts

Mods do not add or remove from the price regardless of what people who put them on think.

Different markets dictate different prices. If you want a low price Harley, then you need to look in a location that has a high supply and a low demand.

Old 07-14-2015, 08:24 AM
magna
Stellar HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 148 Posts

I'm in the UK, don't forget new Fatboys are just over £16,000 now so I think a lot of people are pushing their prices up correspondingly, added to the fact that sellers ask more than they expect to get, and wether its makes a difference to the value sellers will always add on more for any extras they've added to the bike, shop around till you find what you like and make an offer, if they're unwilling to drop the price move on, Fatboys have been around since the late 90s so there are plenty out there,Fatbobs being Dynas will be cheaper, but not so plentiful.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:11 AM
Ride my Seesaw
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,660 Likes on 767 Posts

Don't know what your importation taxes might be, but for that kind of money it'd be cheaper to vacation on the eastern U.S. seaboard and pick up a used bike to ship back home. Cheap airfares in the fall, hotel prices have dropped and bike prices tend to be more realistic once summer's over.

Old 07-14-2015, 10:15 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Ride my Seesaw
Don't know what your importation taxes might be, but for that kind of money it'd be cheaper to vacation on the eastern U.S. seaboard and pick up a used bike to ship back home. Cheap airfares in the fall, hotel prices have dropped and bike prices tend to be more realistic once summer's over.
There is still a 20% (UK rate) import tax on the actual value of the motorized vehicle, not the actual price paid. Include shipping, costs to make it road legal and other expenses, it would have been cheaper to just stay home.