General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Maui riders out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 03:00 AM
kitman
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Maui riders out there?

Had the opportunity to ride Maui Oct. 2006. Went to the upcountry to the winery. It made for a great first ride on a Harley and to my finally getting my first HD this month. Wish we could live there. The ocean view is unforgettable.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:05 AM
baxter
Road Warrior
Default RE: Any Maui riders out there?

man do i wish ?!

Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM
old95
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Was there with the family two weeks ago, we really thought about renting, but it was a "family" vacation, so we did not, but would love to take a few days and ride that place,........but oh god do I hate that ten hour plane ride.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:09 PM
RetTop
Advanced

As soon as the Superferry gets going in June/July, I will be riding over there. Can't wait.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:14 PM
bobalou1999
Intermediate

Leaving May 11th for a couple of weeks over in Maui.I go there every year and never get tired of it.I spend my mornings diving(150 foot + visability) and afternoons riding.Riding along the coast is very spiritual and puts you in such a great state of mind that you can't get the smile off your face.On Maui you can ride the coast,rain forests,10,000 ft volcanos,desert on the leeward side and cruise thru some of the coolest little towns with very laid back bars and restaurants.Heaven on earth. Maui no-kai-oui (Maui is the best!)

Old 04-30-2007, 03:55 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wife and I did it one time in '82. It was great !!

Old 04-30-2007, 11:59 PM
kitman
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: old95

Was there with the family two weeks ago, we really thought about renting, but it was a "family" vacation, so we did not, but would love to take a few days and ride that place,........but oh god do I hate that ten hour plane ride.
Oh, yes that long plane ride - no haven't forgotten that either - and you have to do it twice. But you know what, we have such a great love of being over there it's worth every loooong hour on that darn plane.

Hope you get the opportunity to do a ride in the future - there's just nothing like it.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:05 AM
kitman
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: bobalou1999

Leaving May 11th for a couple of weeks over in Maui.I go there every year and never get tired of it.I spend my mornings diving(150 foot + visability) and afternoons riding.Riding along the coast is very spiritual and puts you in such a great state of mind that you can't get the smile off your face.On Maui you can ride the coast,rain forests,10,000 ft volcanos,desert on the leeward side and cruise thru some of the coolest little towns with very laid back bars and restaurants.Heaven on earth. Maui no-kai-oui (Maui is the best!)
Good to hear from someone who's had that great experience of riding Maui. I remember one little town "Paia" (don't remember the exact spelling. It was the first little town we stopped at. VERY laid back. Enjoyed sitting on the beach watching the local surfers. We've snorkeled and absolutely loved it- where do you usually dive?

Let me know if you hear about any good career oportunities and great deals on real estate. I'm ready to move there permanently (I really, really wish!!!!) [sm=partyparty.gif]

Old 05-01-2007, 02:46 AM
bobalou1999
Intermediate

I have dove all around the island.My friend owns Pacific Dive in Lahania,and we go out and and explore.Last year I dove the Cathedrals off of Lanai, and it was awe inspiring.You swim in and out of lava tubes at 80 feet.The best dive we did was a scooter dive about 15 miles south of Lahania.We went to a Manta Ray cleaning station about half a mile offshore.The Mantas come and play with you on the scooters.They fly around you and bank when you do and play follow the leader.I had three with 8-10 foot wing spans circleing me.Got some great pictures.Came back up and could not stop laughing.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Jake88
Tourer

GOing to Hawaii for my HOneymoon in June. ANything I should know about renting Harleys and riding? We are going to Oahu and Maui. ANy thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. Sorry to hijack the thread; just thought I might get some response. Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Any Maui riders out there?