General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honda vs Harley

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Queen of the Hill
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honda vs Harley

ORIGINAL: dogtownmax

interesting comparison of mid weight cruisers can be found here: http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roa...er_comparison/
Six years old, but some interesting points. Not sure why they included a Sportster in that, though, other than comparable engine size. Does anyone actually consider the Sportster a "cruiser"?

Old 05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Queen of the Hill
ORIGINAL: dogtownmax
interesting comparison of mid weight cruisers can be found here: http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roa...er_comparison/
Six years old, but some interesting points. Not sure why they included a Sportster in that, though, other than comparable engine size. Does anyone actually consider the Sportster a "cruiser"?
i agree, the sporster is more of a standard in my book, but the person who opened this thread thought they were similar enough categorically to pose have a dilemma choosing between them, so they are not unfit for comparison. going farther into the way back machine, there is also a comparison between the sportster and various standards here: http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompa...valuebike.html

but again, the original poster didnt really ask about nighthawks and such.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the softtails now have a $1,000 add on thanks to the strike, so does that help your decision?

Old 05-02-2007, 08:34 PM
SpeedCrazy
Road Warrior

Great info and opinions guys, thanks again!

Old 05-02-2007, 08:42 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Broken Leg Rider

Well the softtails now have a $1,000 add on thanks to the strike, so does that help your decision?
Depends on where you shop. The $1000 bump is a strictly a dealer-initiated price gouge. The MSRP hasn't changed. Check out this_thread.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:40 AM
VegasBiker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for more reviews on motorcycles try here:

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...ts/default.asp

Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

That Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, et.al. are building their bikes to look like and sound like a Harley should answer your question.

Get the real deal- buy the Harley.
It's good to own what everyone else covets...

Old 05-03-2007, 03:30 AM
pepesworld
Cruiser

I ride a 10 year old Heritage, I have ridden several Honda cruiser types, as well as ridden and owned Yamaha cruisers. This winter I test rode an 07 Sporty, and liked it so much I bought it that day....trading in a vintage Honda that has been a pain in the *** since I got it. The new Sportster, now that it is rubber mounted, and fuel injected, is a great bike that I enjoy riding all day long. Its great in town and I wouldnt hesitate to tour on it. The Hondas I feel have some awkward steering geometry, the offset I dont think is right for the rake, and they want to flop to the side at slow speed....tight U-turns seem a little unstable. If you did opt for a metric, I would go for the Yamaha, they have good neutral balance likea Harley and they are excelent bikes, reliable, bullet pruff like a Harley....and air cooled. What everyone says about that certain undescribable feeling of a Harley is true....it would take several paragraphs to describe it. You would miss that with the Yamaha, butyou would still have a great bike......very different than the Sporty though....you know what....you could get both! You could have a New Sporty AND an 1100 VSTAR with low miles for less than a Heritage...you would have a guest bike for friends that come in from out of town too! well....there you have it

Old 05-03-2007, 09:51 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: pepesworld
...you know what....you could get both! You could have a New Sporty AND an 1100 VSTAR with low miles for less than a Heritage...you would have a guest bike for friends that come in from out of town too! well....there you have it
Or I could have a used Victory AND aNew Sporty for the same price. And I'dhave 2 awesome American rides.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: HDWG

That about says it all
ORIGINAL: deuce dude

i love that page!!!

ORIGINAL: HDWG

http://www.modalogica.com/libs/22/HarleySound.pps

I hope this helps