General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultimate HD / Man Cave Garage

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 02:29 PM
3bc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skooli
Mine isn't really decked out yet. It's full of toys but not really organized. It's 30'x40' with AC and Heat and a half bathroom. I still need to do some work to the roof before I epoxy the floor and put in drywall. Anyway, here it is:

If you find yourself thinking two old school muscle cars is a little overkill let me know, I'd be happy to take one off your hands.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Bopple Hill Rd
Road Warrior
Received 387 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by sixguns
I spend a lot of time in my shop, I refuse to call it a man cave. I also have a replica gas station, we call it the Station, and have family Barbecues there.
Now THAT'S a shop! Wow! Nice. And I'm with you - not a fan of "man cave". Sounds like some sort of **** that I want NOTHING to do with. A friend gave me a banner that had the LA Kings logo and "Man Cave" on it for my b-day one year. It only goes up when he's over visiting, then back down once they hit the road.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:58 PM
skooli
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 3bc
If you find yourself thinking two old school muscle cars is a little overkill let me know, I'd be happy to take one off your hands.
Well one is mine and the other is the Wife's. I might get in a little trouble for letting hers go. And I wouldn't sell my Mustang until I had to live in it.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:08 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,465 Likes on 757 Posts

Originally Posted by thowk
Now THAT'S a shop! Wow! Nice. And I'm with you - not a fan of "man cave". Sounds like some sort of **** that I want NOTHING to do with. A friend gave me a banner that had the LA Kings logo and "Man Cave" on it for my b-day one year. It only goes up when he's over visiting, then back down once they hit the road.
Thanks for the comment, I mentioned my station, so Here are a couple of pics. I have another pump in the process of repair. The inside walls are cedar T&G, floor is Oregon white Oak, 12 x 2 1/2" thick, commonly found on LowBoy Trailer decks. windows are over 100 years old, out of Lincoln High School Portland Or. I only put old stuff in the Station, with the exception of my Sturgis or Bust sign, its not old but its made of wood, in the USA and bought in Sturgis and shipped home, besides that, its how the wife and I see ourselves when we ride.

Attached Thumbnails Ultimate HD / Man Cave Garage-20150705_161659_resized.jpg   Ultimate HD / Man Cave Garage-inside-station.jpeg   Ultimate HD / Man Cave Garage-station-front.jpeg  

Last edited by sixguns; 07-10-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I've been slowly moving into my new shop. I retired last fall, and moved to a small town south of Olympia, Wa. We've got a couple of small houses, a little office building, a 40x80 shop, and couple of other outbuildings, all on about 1.5 acres.

I need to bring in three phase power to the main shop, to run my mill, lathe, and compressor. I'll set up my lift tables in the main part of the shop, along with my mill and lathe. My welding tables, grinders, and other "dirty" metal fab tools will be segregated in the near end of the shop (where the two shorter roll up doors are).

The lower picture is inside the main room in the shop. My '56 chevy is currently residing in there, but eventually will be relocated into the garage bay, where my lift tables are currently set up.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I've got a little office building on the same property. On the far end, there's a garage bay, where my lift tables and tools are currently set up. I've got a temporary welding room in the same building, next to the garage bay. My house is out of frame, on the other side of a privacy fence.

Old 07-11-2015, 11:24 AM
skooli
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike

I've got a little office building on the same property. On the far end, there's a garage bay, where my lift tables and tools are currently set up. I've got a temporary welding room in the same building, next to the garage bay. My house is out of frame, on the other side of a privacy fence.
I just got a bad case of shop envy. I need to figure out how finance an expansion.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:15 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,443 Likes on 17,677 Posts

Originally Posted by skooli
I just got a bad case of shop envy. I need to figure out how finance an expansion.
I gotta nice garage setup but I have to agree with you on the shop envy thing , damn .

Old 07-11-2015, 10:10 PM
KnarleyHarley
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Thanks dude. Anyway I can help just let me know.

And post some before and after pics. Garage / Man Caves are really one of my interest so I would love to see what you do with your space.

A few pics of the cave...found a seat last weekend at an indoor swap and made it into a stool for my bar. only thing left to do is stain floors...

Attached Thumbnails Ultimate HD / Man Cave Garage-sdc14226.jpg   Ultimate HD / Man Cave Garage-sdc14228.jpg   Ultimate HD / Man Cave Garage-sdc14229.jpg   Ultimate HD / Man Cave Garage-sdc14230.jpg   Ultimate HD / Man Cave Garage-sdc14244.jpg  

Old 07-12-2015, 09:37 PM
Knutson Boltz
Banned
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Man, those are some really nice shops you guys have there. I'm not much of a welder and can only do flat stick welds. I have no metal working tools cept for drills and such. You guys look like you're setting up your own indy shops..and that's cool. I could use more room but then I'd just fill it up with more stuff.

It don't matter to me about the Man cave deal, I just prefer spending time there, everybody knows where they can find me.

Last edited by Knutson Boltz; 07-12-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Ultimate HD / Man Cave Garage