General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frigging Rattlesnake!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:23 AM
baxter
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Frigging Rattlesnake!!

lmao.... at least ya got a good story to tell out of it.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:37 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I never got a chance to go out to Turner Falls when I lived there. It would be nice to take a ride back out to Oklahoma sometime on my Sporty. I need to plan a vacation.
Last time I went back to Oklahoma I was shocked how Brick Town really was cleaned up and had water canals with boats and nice restaurants. When I lived there Brick Town was old warehouses that were used for haunted houses at Halloween time.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:51 AM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member

Too many experiences with "hot" herps (mostly EDB's) in hiking, canoeing, and situations when I worked with FAU's Environmental Sciences Center... Will post when I'm not so "under the influence"... just got back from the interment of Pfc. Christopher North... RIP...

Jim aka kiltiemon... answer also to the name of Jim aka Clitiemon... but that's and entirely Different story...

Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 AM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dang..talk about bad luck! Only in America .....too funny!

ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

The wife and I were out for a ride today down to Southern Oklahoma again. We're on our way back and our butts are getting sore so we pull over at this scenic view that has a curio shop for a rest. There's one of those scenic view telescopes and a short trail out back. Anyway, this cracker that works at the shop walks up to me and says "I think there's a rattlesnake a few feet down from the trail entrance, would you mind keeping people from coming down here for a minute while I make sure?" I figure this guy doesn't know a rattlesnake from a garden snake so I say "Sure, go check it out dude." He gets a tree limb and procedes down the trail head about 10 feet. The angle downward is very steep so he disappears from view after just a few steps. I hear this commotion going on, hoots, hollars, cursing etc. Next thing I hear is "Heads Up!" This cracker **** got the snake wrapped around the tree limb and flings the SOB up onto the parking lot. It hits the asphalt about four feet from my feet and slides another two feet right frigging in front of me. It took me about 2 milliseconds to determine that it was a Western Diamondback and boy was it pissed! I jump about the same time that the snake strikes at me while all the on lookers are taking this scene in. I swear, if there hadn't been a bunch of little kids around, I would have beat the living crap out of that guy. Besides that, it was a pretty good ride.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21621/BC56D1EBC3494A00BE91065E6960EF52.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2007, 02:10 AM
darkside
Banned

This cracker would have been arrested for assault[:@] but that's just me.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:01 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

HUH??
ORIGINAL: kiltiemon

Too many experiences with "hot" herps (mostly EDB's) in hiking, canoeing, and situations when I worked with FAU's Environmental Sciences Center... Will post when I'm not so "under the influence"... just got back from the interment of Pfc. Christopher North... RIP...

Jim aka kiltiemon... answer also to the name of Jim aka Clitiemon... but that's and entirely Different story...

Old 04-30-2007, 08:06 AM
jimb
Road Master

A western Diamondback can strike at over 150mph.They are incredibly fast.A buddy of mine took a hit from a Western and was off work for 3 months.Hots are nothing to mess with.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:24 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

One of the reasons why mother and I will stay in the NorthEast.The few times we have ventured South or West,we are always warned of such pests.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:42 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry but that is funny.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Recycler
Outstanding HDF Member

That's why I live where it snow's six month's a year.

Quick Reply: Frigging Rattlesnake!!