General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Biker Uniform?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015 | 04:36 PM
Hocus-Pocus
Road Master

Originally Posted by Max Overdrive
I've been riding Harleys since 1976 and over the years, generally wear jeans, boots, t-shirt or leather jacket. Don't get black t-shirts anymore because it's too hot around here.

Anyway, today I see two guys riding identical club style bikes, satin black Street Bobs, T bars, etc. No big deal but what was funny was they were dressed identical was well, black sneakers, sparkling clean white socks pulled up to their knees, long kacki shorts down to theirs knees, white long sleeve t-shirts and brand new leather vests. No patches on their "cuts" though.

Maybe they were actually twins?

Is this the new "look"? I don't go to runs any more nor do I go to biker hang outs. I have never seen an episode of SOA. Is it some sort of modified "flat biller" outfit? Maybe a California thing? I'm very un-hip so I have no idea what is cool anymore. Part of getting old I guess but I'm fine with it. Should have snapped a picture but I wasn't quick enough (I was stopped at a red light and they were riding by).
If you're not in a club, you're not wearing a "Cut"

Old 06-30-2015 | 05:47 PM
MrsBarlow
Tourer

Originally Posted by Walter White
What? This look is out? Damn I'm always late to the trends.

Motorcycle "Gang" Movie Trailer 1950's - YouTube
Actually, there's a club that wears the 1950s style leathers and rocks the the hair.

Old 07-01-2015 | 03:17 PM
HedleyLamarr
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Chicago Ken
Can't stand the flat billed baseball hats down over the ears look. Seen a couple old white guys trying to rock the look, pretty sad.
my dad is an old white dude who did that at a Braves game once, but in his defense, he didn't know anything about fitted hats and just grabbed one off the rack at the stadium.....and he looked goofy as hell in it

Old 07-01-2015 | 05:51 PM
Dezz
Cruiser

Blacked out street bob with a fairing, t-bars, and that uniform.. you will see that everyday here in Cali. Starting to be as common as a chromed out deluxe w/ apes!

Old 07-01-2015 | 06:39 PM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I got a couple brushes you could probably get a good weave out of if it would help

Back hair is not good for a weave...

Old 07-01-2015 | 07:40 PM
HeadoftheBeast
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jledesma08
Blacked out street bob with a fairing, t-bars, and that uniform.. you will see that everyday here in Cali. Starting to be as common as a chromed out deluxe w/ apes!
No kidding. Those bikes are so common that they sell them like that at the HD dealer here. If that's what you like then fine, but damn there are a lot of them.

Old 07-01-2015 | 08:46 PM
Unbalanced Bob
Banned

Originally Posted by SpaceReapersNOLA
geee you mean everyone isn't still dressing like it's 1972?!? That IS weird, I'm going to consult my mood ring to see how I feel about this.
Mood ring?

I prefer the "Party Ring". Sho' is bad!

Old 07-01-2015 | 08:57 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by jledesma08
Originally Posted by HeadoftheBeast
No kidding. Those bikes are so common that they sell them like that at the HD dealer here. If that's what you like then fine, but damn there are a lot of them.
So do a little assocation thing here , picture Jax from SOA and the way he dressed then what style bikes they were pimping the last few seasons of the show ........ Ring any bells ?

Old 07-01-2015 | 09:07 PM
HeadoftheBeast
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
So do a little assocation thing here , picture Jax from SOA and the way he dressed then what style bikes they were pimping the last few seasons of the show ........ Ring any bells ?
I picture this style a little different (what I've seen anyways) than how they had Jax. He always looked racially confused to me. Pants halfway down his ***, some kind of preppy *** button up or a t shirt, and walking around like some guys of Ron Jeremy's stature just bent him over a pool table and ran a train on him.

I always kind of liked dynas set up that way before they became all you see on TV or at the bar to be honest lol

Old 07-01-2015 | 09:15 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Originally Posted by HeadoftheBeast
I picture this style a little different (what I've seen anyways) than how they had Jax. He always looked racially confused to me. Pants halfway down his ***, some kind of preppy *** button up or a t shirt, and walking around like some guys of Ron Jeremy's stature just bent him over a pool table and ran a train on him.

I always kind of liked dynas set up that way before they became all you see on TV or at the bar to be honest lol
Yeah he did have that white boy got no *** shuffle down didn't he

Quick Reply: New Biker Uniform?