General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Biker Uniform?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015 | 10:32 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

I'm Chicano and have never liked that look. It says loser to me.

Lived in New York City for 10 years, and saw it plenty there. Lived in New Orleans for three and saw it plenty there too.

There are slight variations on it, sometimes it's heavy boots without the socks, etc. But it's all the same really. It is indeed a uniform and there's not much "individual" about it at all. Jessie James has been dressing like that for years, so I find the OP a bit silly. We've all seen it before.

When I ride, I wear gear that makes the ride better and does indeed protect me more. I don't dress like I'm late for a cholo BBQ.

But to each their own.

Last edited by SoCalSoftailSlim; 06-30-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-30-2015 | 10:33 AM
Crueltiming
Intermediate
Default This guy from the 80's

hehe couldnt resist..probably gonna get me in trouble...all this guy needed was a hat hehe

Attached Thumbnails New Biker Uniform?-zosk.jpg  
Old 06-30-2015 | 10:38 AM
charlieapes
Cruiser

A lot of the next generation 1% ers have adapted that look. I have seen it a lot in the last two years in NYC. The old timers still dress in the old style but a lot of the young bloods are all wearing that ridiculous look.

I understand the white sneakers have been the Cali 81 style for a while. I know when Sutter was researching SOA that is what the guys he was hanging with were wearing.

Old 06-30-2015 | 10:57 AM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain

geee you mean everyone isn't still dressing like it's 1972?!? That IS weird, I'm going to consult my mood ring to see how I feel about this.

Old 06-30-2015 | 11:22 AM
byronk
Road Captain

Not my style but growing up in Southern Cali i've seen it quite a bit along with a bunch of other styles I wouldnt touch myself. One of the things i've always loved about riding a Harley is individuality. While id never where chaps or anything with leather on it period, I also wouldnt judge or make fun of someone who does. The only time I wear pants/jeans is in church or when I ride. I'd love to wear shorts riding but just cant bring myself to do it because it honestly looks goofy.

Old 06-30-2015 | 11:26 AM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member

I've been dressing casual since forever (late 60's)
Jeans, tennis shoes, t-shirt, denim vest or jacket. If I wore stovepipe boots, it was to hold a bottle of beer or weed...
I find it hilarious to see guys riding in 90 degree heat in full gear- so afraid of crashing that they miss all that beauty of the ride....life is good.

Old 06-30-2015 | 11:47 AM
Walter White
Seasoned HDF Member

What? This look is out? Damn I'm always late to the trends.

Old 06-30-2015 | 12:23 PM
GunnerB
Tourer

I try not an concern myself with what other people wear, the hypocrisy runs deep.

So what would be considered appropriate riding attire....just so I can make sure I have everyone's approval.

Old 06-30-2015 | 12:55 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Sling Blade 14
I've been dressing casual since forever (late 60's)
Jeans, tennis shoes, t-shirt, denim vest or jacket. If I wore stovepipe boots, it was to hold a bottle of beer or weed...
I find it hilarious to see guys riding in 90 degree heat in full gear- so afraid of crashing that they miss all that beauty of the ride....life is good.
" so afraid of crashing that they miss all that beauty of the ride....life is good."

Exactly!

Old 06-30-2015 | 01:34 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by Walter White
What? This look is out? Damn I'm always late to the trends.

Motorcycle "Gang" Movie Trailer 1950's - YouTube
Hahahaha! Did anyone notice one of the actors mentioned in the clip above..."Carl Switzer?" That's Alfalfa from "Our Gang" fame.

Quick Reply: New Biker Uniform?