General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Biker Uniform?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015 | 09:36 PM
Bakerbob
Intermediate

I like to dress comfortable. If it's wearing shorts so be it. I'll wear high socks with my shorts so I don't burn myself on my exhaust. Long sleeve shirt? Yeah that too because I live in California and it's too hot To not cover your arms. Skate shoes? Yeah those too because there comfortable. I guess when I bought my bike I forgot to check online to see the appropriate "biker" attire. I guess I'll order my leathers so I can look like 90% of the dudes over 40. I guess I can buy a Electra glide and not customize it and just critique dudes who actually make there bikes unique. Until then you guys enjoy your "biker outfits"

Last edited by Bakerbob; 07-07-2015 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2015 | 03:27 AM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member

These guys can wear whatever they want...

Old 07-08-2015 | 08:04 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bakerbob
I like to dress comfortable. If it's wearing shorts so be it. I'll wear high socks with my shorts so I don't burn myself on my exhaust. Long sleeve shirt? Yeah that too because I live in California and it's too hot To not cover your arms. Skate shoes? Yeah those too because there comfortable. I guess when I bought my bike I forgot to check online to see the appropriate "biker" attire. I guess I'll order my leathers so I can look like 90% of the dudes over 40. I guess I can buy a Electra glide and not customize it and just critique dudes who actually make there bikes unique. Until then you guys enjoy your "biker outfits"
You previously owned a Vespa, right?

Oh, and I resemble that over 40 remark. lol

Old 07-08-2015 | 08:28 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by Sierra977
BWAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAA....snort!...c hoke...gasp...BWAAAHAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAAAAHAHA HA

Old 07-08-2015 | 11:37 AM
Deaf_N_1_Eye
Advanced

I live in Phoenix, where it's hot as **** right now. If I'm not going for a long ride, I will usually just jump on the bike in whatever I'm wearing, which most of the time is Dickies shorts (probably the same shorts these guys were wearing based on the description), a t-shirt, and a pair of slip on Vans with "no-show" socks. There are probably a lot of people who think I look stupid dressed like that on a Harley, but I'm not riding for them or to look cool, I'm riding for me and wearing what I always wear, not putting on my "let's go ride uniform". Plus, there's no way I'm riding in long pants and long sleeves in 108° weather. My point here is, other than the vests which I'm not even going to try to explain, the clothes the OP described are what my buddy in CA calls East County (the style of the guys that live in-land). So it's entirely possible, that's just how these guys normally dress, minus the vest cause I got no explanation for that.

Old 07-08-2015 | 11:42 AM
Deaf_N_1_Eye
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bakerbob
Well said Bob, I agree 100%!

Old 07-08-2015 | 12:06 PM
JustMike
Tourer
Veteran: Marine Corp

The guy in the left front. What's up with his side stand?

Old 07-08-2015 | 12:58 PM
babygorilla
Road Captain

You know why I wear jeans when I ride? It's not to be Cool, or wear a "Uniform". I wear a jacket when it is cool out. One day I was a little hot in it riding the bike so I unzipped it half way. About a minute or two after that, I struck a wasp. It got trapped in my jacket and was PISSED! Got stung a few times on the chest.

Wouldn't want one going up my shorts and doing similar damage........

Old 07-08-2015 | 02:09 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

I can see why MC's are starting to wear some ridiculous clothing - they're still badass, but nothing special. There's so many clubs now it's hard to distinguish between them. Thus, shorts, white over-the-calf socks, white converse high-tops, etc. etc... Anything to be different and dare anyone to say anything about it. This is one trend that I'm glad is slow reaching the South.

Old 07-08-2015 | 02:35 PM
Ray on the drums
Stellar HDF Member

I wear the good heavy cargo or jean shorts from spring to fall and get on the bike every chance I can get.

Brown leather hightop/hiking style boots with hardly no sock showing. Works for me for work and play. Yes it does get a little warm on the inside of the leg but I deal with it. I also run chainsaws up in trees that way for a living. Should I gather my things and go?

Quick Reply: New Biker Uniform?