General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fancy chopper at Mc Donalds today

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 04:35 AM
mentor70
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fancy chopper at Mc Donalds today

Ok, its a busy Saturday in SoCal, and Im out with the kiddys @ Mc Ds at lunch.

As I enter the lot I hear the roar of a big twin throttle crackin, so my neck snaps to the left to put a visual of what is making my heart beat so fast!

I see this Rub on his streched custom in the middle of what turned out to by like a 5 point turn to get his unit out of the stall and on the road. as he did this some Asian chic in a corolla all but clips of his front forks as she races some other **** for the spot he just vacated!

He slamed on the brake and proceded to give her what for! I was some what sympathitic with the guy, but he went on for what seemed like minuites! the lot was so full that i decided to take my big *** tundra though the drive thru.

As I passed by the dude I rolled down my window to tell the dude to go and get a hacksaw and trim his **** down and make it a bobber!

That got me the finger and my son was pleasantly amused at our collective childesness!

then I went home and resumed screwing myDyna back together. at least the other guy was out ridding right now!

Old 04-29-2007, 05:19 AM
FACTION95
Road Master
Default RE: Fancy chopper at Mc Donalds today

Why was this guy a Rub? Can someone please translate what this guy just posted about??

Old 04-29-2007, 06:45 AM
HogmanFLHX
Tourer

ORIGINAL: FACTION95

Why was this guy a Rub? Can someone please translate what this guy just posted about??
I was wondering the same thing. Just because he has an expensive bike doesn't necessarily make him a RUB.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:38 AM
jimb
Road Master

Maybe the guy built it ground-up.Maybe not. Maybe he bought it for some outrageous amount of money and has to eat McDonalds.3 years ago no one would have told him to cut it down into a bobber.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:02 AM
fatboy1993
Cruiser

OK lets get this right, I can afford a Harley or a custom so that makes me a R=RICH. I live in a urban area soI am a U. What makes me a B=Biker? This RUB BS has got to stop.
I'll settle for being a POSER, or WANNABE. Last time I checked the prices for a new Harley you would have a nice stash for a down payment. The housing market where I live is
300K minimum for a four bedroom 2 bath house. The leather jacket, vest and chaps from the stealer are 8 bens. The next time you see a biker at the Mickie Ds ask yourself what you would like to be called.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:47 AM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I guess If you have ....Your a rub.....If you have not .......Your not

Old 04-29-2007, 10:47 AM
st john
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I thinks the last sentence sunned it up: "At least he was out riding" I thinks I would rather
be a RUB and out riding than a ???? ???? talking about it on the site. [:-]
Saint

Old 04-29-2007, 10:52 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My approach to the use of the term RUB is that; damn it, it took me a long time to get there but I finally arrived. At last I'm a RUB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys ... the term RUB was originally meant to convey an attitude that "typified" certain people. As you all pointed out ... it was not appropriate in this post as the poster had no way of knowing if the guy was a rub, or not. For all we know ... the poster is a rub.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Thongs2U
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Panhead_1_9_4_8

Guys ... the term RUB was originally meant to convey an attitude that "typified" certain people. As you all pointed out ... it was not appropriate in this post as the poster had no way of knowing if the guy was a rub, or not. For all we know ... the poster is a rub.
I'd rather be a "rubber" than a Walmart bagger anyday. We ride andhave real silverware too. Cheers

Quick Reply: Fancy chopper at Mc Donalds today