General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Colors ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 01:30 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts
Default RE: Colors ???

I like that, I think that you are right.
ORIGINAL: dragsta

even hog chapters get into little rivalries.
Humans are seriously screwed up in the head. When there isn't an enemy around they fabricate one. lol....

Old 09-19-2005, 01:34 PM
rgerber
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

“Colors”
Glossary

From Walter Kern,
Your Guide to Motorcycles.

Definition: Many bikers/motorcyclists join motorcycle clubs. Usually these clubs have distinctive jackets. Also, clubs will issue club patches to display on the jackets. These patches and sometimes the jacket design itself are known as Colors. In certain motorcycle clubs there may be disputes over territory and the wording and arrangement of the various elements of the Colors. You may hear that certain establishments don't want any Colors displayed by bikers so that such disputes will not occur. The subject of Colors is a complex one and subject to considerable debate on motorcycle forums.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:42 PM
FatboyRules
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everybody for the feedback, I certainly learned a lot today.

Ride Safe !

Old 09-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Here in Cali there are no colors allowed in Strip joints.

Old 09-19-2005, 04:43 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Longhair4life

Here in Cali there are no colors allowed in Strip joints.

That's good. I'd hate to pay to see a stripper that was wearing a jacket the whole time.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Geoc
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Colors is the patches you wear on your back. most of us who wear them belong to a motorcycle club (not gang). you have your 1% motorcycle clubs out there but like I said it's a club not a gang. I wear colors and am from a club I know and have even hung out with 1% motorcycle clubs and there just like the rest of us but the biker lifestyle is there life just respect one's patch never talk bad about a patch holder and never say there a gang

Old 09-19-2005, 08:01 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,297 Likes on 484 Posts

I've worn, and still do wear, colors from just about the complete spectrum of club/ride group types. From the Great Lakes Touring Club, to the Outhouse MC, and now CMA colors. And I've been asked to even remove the CMA colors in certain places. Never had a problem with it as long as it applies across the board.

Also got into a spot of almost-trouble flying colors in a particular area where the dominant club made the rules. I'm still alive and have all my parts, so that means I followed their rules, whether I liked 'em or not.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:37 AM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

so that means I followed their rules, whether I liked 'em or not.
Smart decision IMO, Skip. In the Galveston area, the Bandidos rule the roost and there ain't no ifs ands or buts about it. Dallas is divided into different turfs and the clubs know which they can go through and which they can't. And like you said, their rules apply. No questions.

Old 09-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

We have a chapter in Colorado and the Bandidos had an issue with our patch due to the fact it is the same color combo. Luckly our National Pres flew out there and with a few other chapters was able to come to an agreement with that bandidos chapter. In the end they partied together and had breakfast the next morning. Although in Arkansas we had a small chapter who the Bandidos had issues with. So that chapter decided to close. I heard the most of them eventually became Bandidos. Here in Cali there are no Bandidos. The Big three here are the Hells Angeles, Vagos and Mongols. Couple of years back we went to the HA of Oakland chapters Saint patrick days party and had a great time. We were able to meet Sonny. Really cool guy.
Great club house.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:46 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

Yeah, our colors are the same as the Bandidos but we've gotten all problems worked out with them and we usually party at events with them. Luckily, our president got in good with theirs (and most of the rest in the TCOC) so we don't get much beef from anyone. But we still follow turf rules.

Quick Reply: Colors ???